Is drinking too much water bad for you??

bubbalicious

Silver Member
Hello! I drink at least 3-4 litres of water a day. Would you say this was good or bad, as you hear different stories about drinking too much and to little.

YOU can kill yourself if you drink too much.You can kill kill yourself if you drink too little. You need enough to keep you hydrated and flush the bad stuff out. Just need to be sensible really.I'd say your fine.Its more then I could manage butif your happy its fine-not enough to kill you.

Is water all you drink, or is that along with tea, coffee, pop, juice etc....

Do you drink that much because you're actually thirsty, or is it more of a fill-up so you don't feel hungry.

Just wondering as I think a raging thirst is connected with some medical problem?

Not trying to worry anyone though :bolt:

3-4 litres a day? Thats not too much, but any more, I don't think would be too good. It doesn't contain any electrolytes which your body needs..so just go easy. x

the best amount to drink whilst on a diet such as SW is 2-3 litres throughout the day . 4 litres is the upper limit .. any more than that and your kidneys are over worked ... and make sure you dont drink a large amount all at once ..... its best to have glasses spread out through the day , drinking a lot all in one go can be very dangerous to your kidneys and circualtory system

I used to think you could never drink too much water until I did LL and you had to drink 4 litres a day on that, however sadly someone did drink all her 4 litres in a short space of time and died from "drowning her brain".

I usually drink my 3-4 litres between the hours of 7am and 3pm (work time), then at home if I want a drink its squash or pepsi max. Perhaps I will try to cut down a little bit.

I used to think you could never drink too much water until I did LL and you had to drink 4 litres a day on that, however sadly someone did drink all her 4 litres in a short space of time and died from "drowning her brain".

:fear:

I know there was a story where a woman drank like a gallon of water in some contest and she did die of drinking too much water, but i think that was a really exteram case. i think, as long as you drink it over a few hours you can drink as much as you want. i do the zumba dance class and i would noramlly drink a litler and a half with in that hour and the same at the gym so thats 3 liters a day alove with ever thing else taht i drink and i have never had any problems. i think i could end up drinking up to 6 liters in a day.

I think if i drank that in an hour i may have an issue but as i said, if its spead out over time then i really dont think you will have a problem :)

Hi Bubbaliscious

I drink at between 3-4.5lts at least of sparkling water a day :D...I have done for ages ...I always have a bottle at the side of me and I can't imagine NOT drinking that much.. I probably have a couple of cuppas a day, but other than that its water.
Im sure you would know if you felt it was too much ;)

I once had a warning from my GP about drinking too much water, apparently it can lead to bladder and kidney infections. GP said they were seeing a big increase in those with people who were doing various diets that recommend lots of water.

And remember that all the fluids you drink count towards your daily intake so coffee/tea as well as water although obviously water has added benefits.

Back