Is Dukan diet suitable for vegetarians?

jindal

Hiya,
I have been researching into this diet for a while. I have done so many diets but gained all the weight after loosing it. I am really depressed with all the weight gain after hysterectomy( since last 18 months).
I have 3 stone to loose. I am a vegetarian. Is this diet suitable for me? I can eat eggs, tofu, soya produts, dairy products.Please give me all the info.

Thanx

Hi, jindal.

Yes, it is possible for vegetarians to follow Dukan, although it's obviously a little more complicated. I believe that there are alternative things that you can eat instead of meat and in addition to what us non-vegetarians can have. Unfortunately, I'm no expert on this so will leave it to someone more knowledgeable to let you know about that.

I'm not sure about soya, but you can certainly have tofu. Eggs and fat free diary products are, of course, a mainstay of Dukan, so that should help you.

In my experience, Dukan can make a difference when other diets fail or prove more difficult. With any luck, this could work well for you.

Good luck!

I understand that the latest revision to the Dukan book includes a much wider range of vegetarian and vegan alternatives, including tofu and tempei. I'm know some of our members have access to the book - perhaps they will be able to give you more details.

Back