Is exercise key?

welshgirl21

Silver Member
I have a pretty sedentary lifestyle in that I drive to work as it's 10 miles each way, I have a desk job all day, I drive home then usually have dinner and watch TV.

I have tried changing my eating and food, but because of my lifestyle is exercise going to be the key to losing weight?

If you really stick to a good, healthy, calorie-controlled diet then you will most likely still lose some weight. Remember, everything we do takes energy & burns calories but I do think you'll probably hit a 'plateau' in your weight loss if you don't pick up some form of exercise - even going out for walks since the weather is improving etc. It all helps :)

I think excercise is key. Like the previous poster said, you can lose a small amount of weight each week by reducing your calorie intake enough. However, if you wanted to lose 2lbs a week, you'd have to drop it to the very basic minimum - not advisable.

Besides, part of being healthy is being fit and active. Whenever you see in magazines or on tv or the internet, how to stave off diseases like cancer, diabetes etc., they always say the best way to keep the diseases at bay is through a healthy diet and active lifestyle. At the end of the day, you could be your ideal weight, but your insides might still be in a terrible state due to lack of excercise. Your heart is a muscle: it needs working out to keep it at its optimum.

Plus its fun!

i like to think it helps, before i started this exercise routine i admit i was tired all the time, had no energy whatsoever and even walking up stairs had me out of breathe.... but since ive started exercising my health has improved alot :)

I went to Zumba last night and was all geared up for Body Combat tonight but it was cancelled grrrr. Hopefully Zumba again tomorrow (on waiting list at gym) then RPM on Monday and Wednesday next week and Body Combat Thursday.

hate it when my combat classes are canceled :(
its always on a sturday too, we havent got a full time instructor for it yet since combat claire left, but we do have someone this week, yay!

RPM is a les mills class right?

Yeah they do them at my gym but I didn't know what it was so I googled it and it's similar to spin so I thought I'd give it a go.

awesome, if its les mills then its always gonna be a good workout :D

although.... the programmes are updated every 3 monthes, how is this one updated? surely your very limited to just.... spinning!

hmm, i've heard excercise is 20% and diet is 80% Not entirely sure though, speaking for myself, I can lose quite alot of weight (did in the first month of my diet) without excercise, I guess it depends on the individual.

gina_b said:
awesome, if its les mills then its always gonna be a good workout :D

although.... the programmes are updated every 3 monthes, how is this one updated? surely your very limited to just.... spinning!

I think they must bring in different hill climbs or something, not quite sure though.

Typically I've felt crap all weekend with temperature, sore throat and a cold. Still going to go though and battle through it.

Back