Is heinz tomato soup really 1 point per can?

newfate

Hi

On esource (via iphone app) it gives the points value of normal heinz tomatoe soup (not the weight watchers version) as 1 pro point for a whole can. If I work it out it comes out as 6 but mabye they have allowed for it being 84% tomatoes which are free. This seems to good to be true ... is it?

hi
You are correct a can is 400g but the points are given per can. I am not sure how to check it as I cannot correct for veg being free. e.g. if I worked out the points in an apple it would be more than on esource.

hi
You are correct a can is 400g but the points are given per can. I am not sure how to check it as I cannot correct for veg being free. e.g. if I worked out the points in an apple it would be more than on esource.

The eSource says 1 can (100g) which is for a can that would be 100g. Do they do tiny little cans? Either way I'd go with the weight they've given instead of the word can. Given there's cream in the soup there's no way a can is 1pp.

The smallest can you can get is 300g.

You are just better pointing by the can

0pp stuff (that would not normally be 0pp if worked out by nutritional content) are that way because they are based on being filling.

The fact that all of the filling goodness is long gone from the toms in the soup means it doesn't really qualify to be 0pp anymore

I have just noticed you can search by grams for the soup on the iPhone app so looked up 400g .... Drum roll please if one can = 1 point 400g = 844 points. Either there is a problem on the app or I have seriously gone over my points for some lousy soup

Heinz cream of tomato soup is available in 3 sizes:

300g: 5pp slightly smaller than usual tin.
400g: 6pp "Normal" sized tin, like beans, chopped toms come in.
800g:13pp MASSIVE TIIIIIINNN!

Weight watchers do a tomato soup, 295g, which is 2pp.

Hope that helps. :) xx

It is actually under "Soup, Canned, Cream of Tomato" as 6pp for 400g tin.

I wonder is that reference to the ww range ? Even still, 100g as a tin isn't possible, that's like a quarter of a normal tin. The smaller tins of beans etc are 200g, so that's half of that....

Back