is it bad to have a blow out week?

richman14

I have followed plan religiously for 6 months now i have enjoyed every minute having lost 8 stone 5 in this time

i am at my oringanal goal now but my plan was to get maybe a stone lighter than i needed toas end of november going away and thought for 8 days jsut to eat what i really want.

there are certain food and drink that trigger me off like fizzy coco cola so will leave that for good now. But wouldnt mind a week of having a few chips burgers ect i know i do have the mentality to get back on it. By that time though i will be to 1500 calorie step anyway so maybe i wouldnt do as much harm as i thought.

I will never let myself get anywhere near that weight i was 6 months ago because i know how much hard work it is and being this size so much better in everyway of life!!

Well im not near goal yet but took a 2 week break in July eating 'what i wanted' and got striaght back on again the day i arrived back to ss.

If your strong enough mentally (and you obviously are by how much you've lost!) then go for it. Its only a week.

If you think its gonna tempt you 'too' much for when you get back, forget it.

Why don't you do what I'm planning on doing and have that chips and burger, but make it all yourself and within the calorie range. It can be done.

I much prefer home made burgers anyway and you don't need to use egg or flour like a lot of people do (which keeps calories down a little bit) Just add herbs and spices, squish into a patty and gently fry in a none stick pan, drain excess fat off. You can buy healthier buns and have salad with it and low fat mayo or whatever you like.

When I was calorie counting and lost my first stone, before CD, I was on 1200 and still had things like that, but I cooked from scratch.

Hi there, it depends really what you mean by blow out week. What wuld concern me is if you eat buger and chips and all those types of food all week and that's what you crave you need to re-train your brain around food as this is the stuff that makes us all put on weight! If you were to have a burger and chips once in a week and maybe one or two of the other naughty things along with healthy food too then I'm sure it wouldn't do too much damage.

Not trying to put a dampener on things but if we eat food like that after the losses we have there is only one thing that's going to happen......... and you don't want to be jumping onto SS every few weeks to undo previous weeks damage.

Hope that makes sense...... just my opinion though ;)

yup i probably wont end up doing it but was jsut wondering if allowed myself that extra stone leighway if was possible

ok i may be getting wrong end of stick here as bit ditzy lol:rolleyes:....but if you're going away on holiday and have worked ya way up the plans, i can't see it doing too much damage.
if you intend to eat what you want ....how about maybe going for a morning run or do some form of exercise during the 8 days, which should hopefully help towards not gaining weight, and if you do put on a few lbs, just get back on track when you get back home:D

Me again, it is certainly an idea to lose a bit more before you go away so you can relax and enjoy your break BUT a stone is a lot to lose and put on again in a short space of time (if I'm understanding your post). All I'm saying is enjoy what you want but don't think burger and chips every day as that won't be the way you live you life when maintaining! But of course enjoy yourself!

I might do SS again before Christmas as I am off to Canada just after and staying with my Indian friend who's mum cooks the most amazing curries every night but I would only want to go up by 2-3lbs as I need to learn to cut back on portions and carbs FOREVER! :D Good luck with whatever you decide and remember everything people say on here is just their opinions at the end of the day they are your choices to make x

youve done really well richman, i went for a weekend away, was having good tasty meals then got home and stuffed on bread rolls and a couple of slices of pizza and felt really ill and bloated, you deserve to enjoy a week but maybe have the burger and chips but when you start to feel full stop, dont push it, drink plenty of water, and be a bit sensible, remember you have made changes for life, so you do need to be able to live life.... you will know your own body, take some cd meals and if you need it maybe have one instead of food if you start feeling yucky. good luck, please let us know how you get on xx

Back