Is it for me?

Capirossi

Hi all.

This is my very first post! I have been a member for a couple of weeks, just having a scoot around looking for inspiration, and I think I may have found it!

I struggle following conventional diets as I don't have a very large appetite. I found it difficult to eat 17 points a day on WW, and it was always ruined on a Saturday night as me and my husband love to cook!

Anyway, this JUDDD sounds fantastic, the down days would suit me down to the ground! But I just wanted to check, I don't have to eat what the calculator states is my normal calories on my up days do I?! (2242) I like the thought of eating 'normally' on my down days, and then adding a couple of good'ish treats on the up days!

I think my metabolism is shot as, like I said, my appetite is titchy but the weight isn't coming off. I used to be a gym addict, but what with one thing and another I have stopped going recently :sigh:. I will be starting back some sort of exercise this week though, honest (who am I trying to convince?!! lol)

Do you think it's worth a go? I want to lose at least a stone, stone and a half would be paradise!

Ah - just recalculated and normal calories are 1628 (a bit better!). The calculator keeps going back to the cm/kg though, so I hope it's giving me the right figures!

Well I've started today anyway, on a Down Day. Founds lots of info on Traneo. Would love to hear from anyone else on here doing it at the mo.

376 cals today. Am not using the shakes as I didn't have a chance to go shopping. Today's menu consists of: half a muller rice for breakfast (106) cereal bar for lunch (80) Thai Chicken soup for dinner (130) = 316. I am sure I can make up the defecit this evening!

I was amazed to read that some people had lost weight after their first day! I can't see this happening with me, but I am happy to plough on like this as it suits my eating habits.

I'm off to look for some of your success stories to inspire me!

Hi there Capirossi. JUDDDD doesn't seem to have taken off in the UK the way it seems to have in the US and this bit of the forum seems a bit on the quiet side. I've just recommended it to a friend though. Hope it goes well for you.

My understanding of the up day calories given to you on the Johnson website is that they are only calculated to give you your down day allowance.

So, you eat your limited down day calories on the down day and then eat freely enough to not be hungry but don't count cals at all on your up day. My down day cals, for example, would be 406 (gulp!).

I'd be interested to see how you get on with this.

Karen x

Hi Karen and Lyn. Thanks for your replies!

Well I am on my second down day and still loving it! I am doing alternate days, although I may have 2 up days on Sat/Sun as I always seem to eat more when hubbie is around :rolleyes: lol

As a lot of other people have said, I can see me doing this forever! Already I feel tons better, and I had to force myself to eat yesterday on my up day. I had great plans of a Chicken Legend from McD for lunch, but I just wasn't that hungry!! :confused:

Anyway, so far so good. I will weigh next Wednesday morning, although I may have a cheeky one before then!

Hope everyone is doing well :gen126:

Not being too hungry on an up day? Wow, good going. Pity there aren't other people posting on here, Capirossi but, as Lynne says, keep us posted on how it's going and you might see some more people coming on.

Good luck

K x

I have been following a vlcd (W8) with one low carb meal added each day, and have been losing a steady 3lbs a week. This diet interests me too. I tried it for a week by having shakes only on a down day (400 cals) and then on an up day choosing from my Regular list of protein and low carb veg. I would eat as much as I wanted from this list. However, I still lost the same amount -- 3lbs, when I was hoping for 4lbs. I think I was probably just eating the same amount of cals over the week, but just on alternate days.

Although I still got a good weight loss I am convinced that the diet works by shocking the system by the constant switching and by fooling your body into not feeling starved on the down days because by the time it works out it has a calorie deficit, you are feeding it again the next day. I think I might come back to this when I have lost the bulk of my weight, as I don't think I relaxed enough, or ate enough cals on the up day.

Just my thoughts on the subject.

:D

I lost 3lbs last week - WOOH OOH!!

I wasn't exactly strict either, as we had visitors at the weekend, and a couple of stressy days where my mum was taken to hospital (grabbing packets of crisps as no time to eat, tut tut) but I still managed a small loss.

To say I am chuffed is an understatement!! Am trying to get back on track from today now. 3 weeks till my hol so if I can carry on until then and lose a couple of more lbs I will be happy!

Now I have to try and remember how to update my ticker....

If anyone else is JUDDD'ing, hope you're doing well. And if anyone is thinking about JUDDD'ing - just do it, it's fab!!

:D

Wow. Well done you. Are you sticking to shakes on your down days or are you eating food and counting calories? Are you counting at all on up days or just eating what you want?

Hi Karen.

No shakes, just counting on down days. I started out at 20% but ended up somewhere between 20-30%!! Still, if it works I'll carry on. On my up days I just eat normally, sometimes I am careful, other times not (at weekend I baked cookies for my nieces and ate loads myself, and hubby made onion bahjees, a creamy curry and naans - so not exactly a low calorie day!!!)

I just hope it wasn't 'beginners luck' and that I continue to lose!

Back