Is it normal to be so nervous?

Lou Baloo

Hello everyone

I have my first weigh in tonight and my stomach is in knots thinking about it!! I have tried really hard to follow the plan 100% and am loving all the lovely recipes I've found on here. I have previously done WW and its so strict with measuring and pointing that I am finding it a hard to get my head around eating larger amounts of food and not being hungry and still losing weight.
Finding this website has been a great help and there are so many of you that have given me the inspiration to keep going.

Fingers crossed for a good result tonight :)

I don't go to class anymore but when I did I'd feel so nervous it was crazy! Only as I wanted a good loss, but I think many feel the same. I've also done WW & the two are both very different. SW easily fits into everyday life which make it so much easier. I hope you get a good loss & keep going :)

Yep it's completely normal! I weigh in at home and still get nervous before I head upstairs to the scales!

Good luck for tonight :D xxx

Perfectly normal!
It's almost a disbelief repeated every week 'could I really have eaten x, drank y and still managed to lose weight?!' Seriously though, yes you can.

Good luck for you weigh in.

If you've followed the plan you should be fine ;)

Though, I can sympathize, I felt exactly the same for my first weigh-in, and I still sometimes feel like it now, even if I'm at target! (Especially when I've had less-than-perfect weeks!)

Good luck!

Thanks LisaC Im hoping the nervous energy will burn some more calories off :0)

Thats what Im loving about SW the fact I can eat the same as the rest of the family and they don't even notice its good for them!! You have done really well looking at your statistics so it definately works.

I've been doing SW for a good few months now, and I still get crazy nervous before weigh in every week! If you nkow you've followed the plan you should be absolutely fine, but it is hard not to get a bit nervous!
I too have done WW before and would NEVER do it again. SW is so easy to follow and I never feel hungry or depreived like I did on WW.
Good luck :)

Its a relief to know I am not the only one who felt like this. I've been clock watching since this morning and I still have another 4 hours before its time to go!!

I think as well sometimes we feel nervous just for being at the class, I know I did. Being surrounded by people I didn't know, especially if a lot have been going a long time & know each other. At least you can be there knowing you're all in the same boat :) x

I do SW from home and get very nervous when on my WI. I feel that if I have not lost, I have let myself down and I am a failure.

I think as well sometimes we feel nervous just for being at the class, I know I did. Being surrounded by people I didn't know, especially if a lot have been going a long time & know each other. At least you can be there knowing you're all in the same boat :) x

It felt a bit like my first day at school last week, but thankfully my leader was really nice and there were a few newbies like me so Im looking forward to seeing how their first week went as well.

Its a relief to know I am not the only one who felt like this. I've been clock watching since this morning and I still have another 4 hours before its time to go!!

lol im exactly the same except mine is in 5 hours lol.............:innocent0001:

I do SW from home and get very nervous when on my WI. I feel that if I have not lost, I have let myself down and I am a failure.

Hi floweryrosie, I can't trust myself not to weigh every day so have banished my scales to the garden shed. I did WW at home and I weighed every day which wasn't a true indication of how I was doing because my weight went up and down depending on the time of day etc. I really do think that SW has a much healthier approach to food compared to other weight loss programmes.

Thank you everyone for your support, I had better get back to work but will pop back on later to let you know how it went. Have a great day everyone x

I'm super nervous for my first weigh in on Wednesday. I'm used to weighing myself all the time at home so its weird not knowing at all whether its working.
So glad my class is first thing in the morning otherwise I'd be nervous all day.

:talk017:Less than 4 hours for me and less than 3 hours for you now.......:rotflmao:
Haha sorry dont mean to make you nervous, although you'll probably see this after your WI now, so Good Luck! :D
Let us know how you do- I will post when ive been weighed too! :rolleyes:

Okay I must be a bit strange then because I was always completely relaxed about it. I knew that I had followed the plan 100% and although yes I was a little bit disappointed if I sts, I completely trusted that it would come off the next week. So although it is hard, try and not be so personally invested in what the scales say. It's not a reflection of whether you have been good or bad because even when you've been 100% there can be times when it doesn't show on the scales. I really couldn't live with that sort of emotional roller coaster each week and stress can actually have a negative effecton your losses.

Good luck to everyone who is weighing tonight! Although actually it's nothing to do with luck just following the plan :)

:talk017:Less than 4 hours for me and less than 3 hours for you now.......:rotflmao:
Haha sorry dont mean to make you nervous, although you'll probably see this after your WI now, so Good Luck! :D
Let us know how you do- I will post when ive been weighed too! :rolleyes:

Couldn't resist logging back on whilst there was no-one about at work, I can see my addiction to chocolate changing to an addition to this website. I've passed the time so far by eating two satsumas, having a cup of tea and planning what Im having for dinner tonight. I am hoping my journey home from work isn't anywhere near as bad as it was last night...2 1/2 hours to get home thats to train disruptions, if its like that again I will miss class and will be digging my scales out of the garden shed!!

Back