Is it normal to be so nervous?

I am delighted to say I lost 6.5lb this week :wee:

Great start, Im really motivated to keep going and hope to get my half stone award by week x

How did everyone else get on? Hope you have all had positive results x

Great start, Im really motivated to keep going and hope to get my half stone award by week x

Thats fantastic well done!
I lost 2 lbs last night, so i got my 1 1/2 stone award which has been a long time coming it feels like. So very happy with that, now onto achieving the 2st one.:D

I'm always nervous and I think that's because you just never know what the scales are going to do! Since I started SW, I haven't fallen off the rails once and I've counted every single syn however that said, the scales don't always go my way

I'm at target now and I still get nervous!!

WOW! Jealous ;) I lost 1.5 my first WI!

I have been nervous for every single weigh in, I am just anxious to find out I think and want it over with. My weigh in is tomorrow and butterflies are starting already :)

Thats fantastic well done!
I lost 2 lbs last night, so i got my 1 1/2 stone award which has been a long time coming it feels like. So very happy with that, now onto achieving the 2st one.:D

:party0049: Well done Kelly great news and its really good that you are taking each milestone at a time it doesn't make it so daunting. Hopefully if I lose 0.5lb or more next week I will get my first reward :D

I'm always nervous and I think that's because you just never know what the scales are going to do!
That is so true! I follow the plan 100%, and have done for the last 5 months, but I can lose anything between 0.5lb and 4lb. That's why is always slightly annoying when the Consultant makes remarks like "You can easily lose 3lb a week if you try really hard." Weight loss isn't an exact science, and is highly unpredicatable so even though I stick to the plan, I'm always nervous before getting on the scales just in case they don't show a loss to match my efforts!

Hello everyone

I have my first weigh in tonight and my stomach is in knots thinking about it!! I have tried really hard to follow the plan 100% and am loving all the lovely recipes I've found on here. I have previously done WW and its so strict with measuring and pointing that I am finding it a hard to get my head around eating larger amounts of food and not being hungry and still losing weight.
Finding this website has been a great help and there are so many of you that have given me the inspiration to keep going.

Fingers crossed for a good result tonight :)

You will get used to it.. I am ALWAYS nervous if i know i haven't tried my best in the week and had 1 too many treats (am usually right to be nervous with a maintain or increase!)

But when you have stuck to plan and been good you should be excited as your sure to have lost.. and losing is such a good feeling :) Good luck to everyone who has WI tonight!! xx

lardylady said:
That is so true! I follow the plan 100%, and have done for the last 5 months, but I can lose anything between 0.5lb and 4lb. That's why is always slightly annoying when the Consultant makes remarks like "You can easily lose 3lb a week if you try really hard." Weight loss isn't an exact science, and is highly unpredicatable so even though I stick to the plan, I'm always nervous before getting on the scales just in case they don't show a loss to match my efforts!

I'm glad I'm not alone!!

Well done on everyone's weight loss! If it makes you feel any better I still get nervous even after seven months and being a target member!

Back