Is it normal to feel....

I've always eaten my oatbran for breakfast either in the form of a galette, or muffins... they really do fill you up well and so I think they're a good thing to start the day off with...

Hi Joanne

Today for breakfast i had cup of tea muller yoghurt gallete and 2 'fried eggs' on to with some water too. xx

and your milk in your tea is skimmed yes?

Looking better! If you find you're hungry midmorning, add the galette or muffins... and then you've a lovely fairly normal breakfast!

Theoretically yes, because he doesn't say not to... but as one who's been big and small, and every variation in between, I'd say to use the DIET period where possible as a "reeducation" period also...

Because in phase 3 Consolidation, all bad habits need to disappear overnight... so I think it's best to get used to eating "proper meals". He even suggests "starter, main, and dessert"... rather than just snacking, where one never really feels one's eaten...

which got us to being fat in the first place...

Soooo... I wouldn't if I were you...

On a French site I use, an online friend has lost 35K but changed none of her habits... we hadn't realised she was putting sweetener in every drink, every natural yoghurt, making cake recipes each day with her sons... and now she's really struggling to make "proper meals".

That's my advice... (from one who used to snack a lot...)

I just find at the moment that I can't stomach huge amounts of food at B-L-D so spreading it out over time seems to help...hmmm

Perhaps five small meals then... B S L S D

But structured... rather than "oh I'm peckish, I'll have a bit of this or that..."

Yes i used skimmed milk in my tea. i always have skimmed anyway so was very pleased when i saw that i could still have my cuppa as usual! having a think about what to have for lunch. have got some extra lean beef mince for dinner and gonna attempt some burgers with them any advice on what to put in them?

I'm just finishing my first week and felt super tired days 4 and 5, putting it down in part to the heat stopping me sleeping well. Today (day 7) I actually got out of bed when the alarm went and am feeling pretty good.

im playing catch up twinmum im not very adventurous with food maybe try the mayo are some cottage cheese ,as for the oatbran i just make porridge with skimmed milk and sweetner i find this quite filling !

jaqys hope ur doing ok ,my memory's not very good at the mo so forgive me if i struggle to answer you all at once lol !

something with eggs? they're a complete protein i hear on grapevine :)
hi sarah the white of the egg is the pure protein so i try and have 2 full eggs and if i fancy another i throw the yolk away to help my arteries .

hi sarah the white of the egg is the pure protein so i try and have 2 full eggs and if i fancy another i throw the yolk away to help my arteries .

Eggs and cholesterol

Eggs contain cholesterol and high cholesterol levels in our blood increases our risk of heart disease.

However, the cholesterol we get from our food - and this includes eggs - has less effect on the amount of cholesterol in our blood than the amount of saturated fat we eat. So, if you are eating a balanced diet you only need to cut down on eggs if you have been told to do so by your GP or dietitian. If your GP has told you to watch your cholesterol levels, your priority should be cutting down on saturated fats.

Food Standards Agency - Eat well, be well - Eggs

Foods that are high in saturated fat

Foods that are high in saturated fat include:

• fatty cuts of meat and meat products such as sausages and pies
  • butter, ghee and lard
  • cream, soured cream, crème fraîche and ice cream
  • cheese, particularly hard cheese
  • pastries
  • cakes and biscuits
  • some savoury snacks
  • some sweet snacks and chocolate
  • coconut oil, coconut cream and palm oil
http://www.eatwell.gov.uk/healthydiet/fss/fats/satfat/#elem490960

better to cut down on the red meat and keep the egg yolk :) (providing you've no underlying cholesterol issues or maybe family history of such things)

hey sarah im not has clever has u ,and thats a good interesting post

thanks !

lol ,ur good at finding things out ,im to lazy .

Yeay totally, I couldn't have survived this week without the oatbran. It totally fills you up (and not to be yucky, but it's the only fibre we get in the Attack phase so I'm thinking vital for er, regularity?)

I have it in yogurt, make the gallette (pancakey thing) or have it as porridge. I love oats anyway so switching to oatbran wasn't that much of a stretch for me.

Glad you brought that up SJ...seeing as I'm 2 days without regularity :S.... Dukan himself reckons it's because there's no fibre in protein products.... not convinced...

im finding my regulaity ok at teh mo not having any prb's really !

Back