Is it possible im in ketosis after 2 days?

An any of you experienced VLCD followers shed some light please?
I've done 2 days on TS day one I was starving but today I've had loads of energy and not been at all hungry. I even had a good spring clean ( not like me, I'm a sloth most of the time)
Thanks
Rach x

It's possible but it usually would take longer (3 to 4 days is the average, I think). It depends how much glycogen your body had stored I guess - as once that is all used up you will start burning ketones for energy instead. If you're really curious you can buy some tests from the pharmacy called 'ketostix'. You dip them in a urine sample and they detect the presence of ketones. I'm glad you're not hungry today :) Keep it up!

Thanks for the reply, I'm just happy I'm managing without the food so far. I've ordered some ketostix so I'll wait till they come and just take one day at a time. Thanks again and a big hug for you :) x

Ketostix are a waste of money! They're rubbish.

It is possible to be in ketosis after 2 days, did you low carb before starting exante? Sometimes cutting down on carbs before starting means you'll hit ketosis sooner.
I'm glad the K fairy has visited you though it really does make things alot easier doesn't it! :D

That makes me feel better cause I've been using Ketostix and they still say negative! Hopefully that's not really the case though!

L xox

Although I wish you hadn't spent money on them for nothing, I'm chuffed cause thought I just wasn't in Ketosis! I think they just for tell you!

I too think they are a waste of money! I just go by my doggy breath!

Back