is it possible lol

gemma_

Silver Member
Im going on holiday june 14th and i want to stick to plan as much as possible... we only going in caravan to haven site with the kids, but we dont plan and staying in caravan much and theres an on site night time entertainment thing there..

im not sure by saying this i look stupid so please dont jump on me lol..

if week before i stick to 5syns per day.. cant i add the 70syns im saving to my holiday week? lol okay writing it i feel stupid. just i dont wanna waste my small weight loss as im proud ad dont want to go back there from holiday and starting all again?

in day on holiday im pretty much fine as im happy to do pack lunches for us all to take out and can do pasta salad etc :)

but at night time i want to enjoy my food!

forgot to say i dont drink alcahol at all so thats not a problem with my syns when we go away lol

You can use your syns weekly, but once you've had your WI, you lose any syns that might have been left over. So if you WI the week before your holiday on, say, Wednesday, and go on holiday on Monday, you can save the syns from Wednesday and the following days to use on your holiday.

I have mt last weigh in 9th June... then another 22nd june so basically 2 weeks alone :( and im reallly nervous

I'm going on holiday on 7th June for 2 weeks aswell. It's not what you do on holiday/birthdays/Christmas that matters most, it's what you do the rest of the time that makes the difference.
On holiday do the best that you can, don't go mad and don't stress out too much :)

Thankyou :) i be happy to stay the same the week before i might just use 5 syns per day and get a good weight loss that week then following week do my best and just hope to put on little what i lost week before so i've still had a loss... lol can tell im stil newish lol

Is there a group near where you are going? If you are worried about being alone for a couple of weeks then pop along and get weighed. Even if you don't stay the fact that you are getting weighed can keep you on track!

As for carrying over the syns, nope. I wouldn't say this was allowed hun. Just be flexible, make the best choices and enjoy your holiday.

Just do your best, try to make sensible food choices and don't pressure yourself to be perfect. Enjoy your holiday :D

It's always a daunting thought returning from Holiday and facing the possibility of taking a small step backwards, but it sounds like you'll be quite active while you're away - lots of walking, maybe even some swimming? So I'm sure you'll be fine xxx

Good luck and don't worry :)

Gemma I went on holiday for a week at a haven site at the beginning of April, so I had a two week gap on weight in...I went back and had managed to lose 3lbs. Like you I dont drink alcohol, but I made a sw quiche and took that with me ate as sensibly as possible, swam and walked loads and it worked!

I'd find a local group too :) It will keep you on track.

Also I would stick to the plan as much as you possibly can, like you say for breakfast and lunches etc. I think too, that you can still enjoy your food and stay on plan :D You might find you automatically make betetr choices anyway, or if you don't maybe make good choices one night and alternate with not so good ones the next ;) Also you can still apply certain rules... for example, you can still have fish and chips, have the chips and the fish but leave the batter so the fish is free and you only have to syn the chips, and bulk it out a bit with mushy peas. Also you could try and stick to the 1/3 superfree rule, even if you are having something that's not within syns you can still fill up on salad, veg or fruit and limit the not so healthy stuff a bit... Of course you don't have to do any of that... just a few suggestions, and what I have done in the past. Might help a little with damage limitation :D

But first and foremost enjoy your holiday :D

Gemma I went on holiday for a week at a haven site at the beginning of April, so I had a two week gap on weight in...I went back and had managed to lose 3lbs. Like you I dont drink alcohol, but I made a sw quiche and took that with me ate as sensibly as possible, swam and walked loads and it worked!

i really need to go get that recipe LOL... im hoping I manage to lose, Im taking two active children so lots of running in the sand, which is a chore in itself LOL... theres swimming pool on site, which is free to me as i have a fun pass LOL.. so maybe i could get up early and go for a swim... (i know soo will not happen im all talk lol)
but theres trampolines swimming beach im sure the kids be making sure i keep busy LOL... and to be honest taking pack up out in day saves alot of money! and keeps kids healthy too :) heres wishing LOL ....

Hey Hun.

As the others have said, firstly you are going on a holiday break, so dont let worrying over meal choises get to you, otherwise you will be as miserable as sin!
Secondly, if you do want to have a decent meal in the evening, just make the right choises. If there is chicken, steak, gammon etc have it...perhaps they do have jacket potatoes that you could have?
I dont drink either, so for me it would be purely about the food!

xxxx

The recipe I use is
4 eggs
500g cottage cheese
bacon
peppers
onions
mushrooms
brown off the veg, beat eggs add cottage cheese and browned veg, add pepper to taste then cook for approx 25-30 mins. Make sure its cold before cutting though.
Hope this helps x

I'd find a local group too :) It will keep you on track.

Also I would stick to the plan as much as you possibly can, like you say for breakfast and lunches etc. I think too, that you can still enjoy your food and stay on plan :D You might find you automatically make betetr choices anyway, or if you don't maybe make good choices one night and alternate with not so good ones the next ;) Also you can still apply certain rules... for example, you can still have fish and chips, have the chips and the fish but leave the batter so the fish is free and you only have to syn the chips, and bulk it out a bit with mushy peas. Also you could try and stick to the 1/3 superfree rule, even if you are having something that's not within syns you can still fill up on salad, veg or fruit and limit the not so healthy stuff a bit... Of course you don't have to do any of that... just a few suggestions, and what I have done in the past. Might help a little with damage limitation :D

But first and foremost enjoy your holiday :D

thankyou..

thats a brill idea :) i never thought about still having fish.. my partner said coz its a kids/adults entertainment place they should do a 'healthy' menu aswell with jacket spuds/salads so fingers crossed.

before went on diet i lived on big portions and takeaways so dont really want to go back in the habit.. as thats all it was half time I didn't enjoy it at all and felt ill.
so sticking to plan is for as much as my weight if that makes sence. im a worryer in general so if i got totally off plan im more likely feel miserable..

last week i had a rubbish week and felt awful all week i was eating things and know i shouldnt... this week ive eaten great and feel 110% better for it.

but I guess its easy to say i'll stick with it whilst im not on holiday its just doing it!

i know i havnt lost much YET but thought of going back to the track of being morbidly obese terrifies me!

The recipe I use is
4 eggs
500g cottage cheese
bacon
peppers
onions
mushrooms
brown off the veg, beat eggs add cottage cheese and browned veg, add pepper to taste then cook for approx 25-30 mins. Make sure its cold before cutting though.
Hope this helps x

yea does help :) ... I have 6 hour car journey (partner driving) and last time i went i ate 4 snickers sadwiches crisps etc... im going try this and munch on it LOL thankyou x

what would i do without all of this support :) i feel fantastic just knowing that i have this site x

slimming world quiche...oh my god!!!!!

:) where do i start, this quiche is absolutly fantastic, its so nice you dont even realise it hasn't got pastry. I only started on the diet last week but have done it several times before but never made the quiche when doing the plan before, however i have this time after reading so much about it on here and im glad i did it has kept me going all week, when i have wanted something quick i can open the fridge and there it is, i also made some slimming world crisps which are just very very thin slices of potato i then sprinkled withsalt and pepper and microwaves about 3 mins turning half way through, you can add all different flavourings but i found it better to add these before cooking them...my partner is fussy with food and he said he was very impressed.at leasy if on a picnic and everyone having crisps you can still have some too!:):)

I would say if you aim to Stay the same and make the right choices then any loss you get will be a bonus - Remember this is your holiday so ENJOY!

:) ... im going try my best but i realise now it is possible but all depends on me making the choice....

i got like this making the wrong choice now up 2 me make it right :)

i know i havnt lost much YET but thought of going back to the track of being morbidly obese terrifies me!

The amount you've lost is irrelevant, the fact that you are doing something and trying to change means that you're miles from being back to the track of being morbidly obese xxx

hoping :) when i joined i was nearer 14st now im nearer 13st ust in 3weeks! im quite proud lol

And so you should be, its that feel good factor that helps you make the right choices now and in the future. x

Back