Is it possible to lose 5 stone in 4 months?

I love "Don't tell the Bride"

I am having one meal on Christmas day and shakes for the rest of the day. It's horrible when you don't like what you see in the mirror but if you stick to this diet 100% you will lose the weight, sorry I didn't get back to you yesterday I was driving back to Wales for Christmas

I wonder if they advise you got the bigger size, as I bet they see loads of women buy the small size, aiming to lose the weight but never manage it?

You will do it though!

Sent from my Nexus One using MiniMins

If it makes you feel better they ALWAYS advise you to order a bigger size as it's easier to take a dress in. And if you don't change size they make a fortune on unnecessary alterations like they did to my skinny size 10 cousin!
That said they could be nicer about it. I only went to 2 dress shops when I was choosing mine and one was lovely and one was awful.
I ended up buying mine for nearly half the price online from a bridal shop in Yorkshire after trying it on in Edinburgh and Glasgow but have to say wouldn't have set foot in the horrible shop again and if I were you I wouldn't buy your dress from any shop that made you feel like that. I would go back when you've lost loads if weight, let them fawn all over you then tell them you have no intention of buying the most important dress of your life from a shop that doesn't understand manners and human kindness never mind customer service!
Oh and you TOTALLY know when you've found the one. It's such an amazing feeling.
And im still addicted to every wedding show on tv 6 months after I got married. LOVE don't tell the bride but the idea of my hubby picking my dress makes my blood run cold!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I would say anythings possible I you put your mid to it but honestly Hun the shop assistants probably were just acting in experience..... As determined as you are these people see plenty of girls who say the same thing and order dresses in smaller sizes only to not fit them and have no dress or have to have a botch job done

Speaking from experience when I was fitted for my dress in the November they told me a size up(wedding dresses typically come up smaller) I refused to let them order it but my Dad said I should listen to te professionals they basically said 'look we can take the dress in 4/5 dress sizes but what we cannot do is add material, or not without it being obvious we have done it'
So I went along with them.... The dress was slightly tight when I tried it on and by March I had lost just over a stone ( despite being at the gym loads I just couldn't shift the weight)
Basically my final dress fitting was tight and my back over hung the dress where my thyroid decided to pack up on me between march and July and I was also diagnosed with PCOS .... So believe you me as much as they probably believed me when I said I am losing weight... With the thyroid I ended up putting on what I lost plus an extra 3lb and in wedding dress fitting that's ALLOT!!!

Anyway what I'm saying is don't be dishearten or believe they were patronising but see it as their the professionals and they are technically trained to avoid the unexpected happenings ruin our days, does that make sense?

That said you go kick some arse but just remember they can make a dress smaller they cannot make it bigger so order the size wisely xxx

Good Luck, you can defo do this!! :) x

Hi,

Yes I am still on the diet, did have a break over Christmas so just getting back into it properly now - not been on the forum much over Christmas which is why I haven't posted as much.

How are things going with you Cherrygem, hope the diet is going well for you?

Thanks for the replies - I do understand why they dress shop wanted me to go for a bigger size it's just I know I will have lost weight and the fact that I had lost 3 stone between going in to pick the dress and my measurements must have shown them I was serious about losing this weight - they could have been a tad more diplomatic and not so nasty about it all I think.

I ordered my dress off ebay in a 14 and managed to get in it... only just, I had to leave my bra off cause i couldn't get in it with them on.

My mum and sister were trying to pack me into it!! I was a size 12 at the time. I was panicking soooo much!!

Well I went back for my second lot of measurements for my wedding dress today, I actually complained about the way I had been spoken to and treated last time I went for my measurements in December so they apologised and asked if I would like to come in again in March to be re-measured.

I am proud to say that I totally surprised them with my measurements I have lost 8 inches in total and the original size that I had signed for is going to fit perfectly - I don't think they could quite believe it at the wedding dress shop but it made me feel really good to be able to walk in and show them that I mean't what I said about losing weight!

Back