Is it possible to overeat free food?

Corr i'd die if i did that. I don't do red days so have pasta and rice pretty much every day...
If i couldn't do that i'd probably jack the diet in altogether... x

I guess I'm lucky in that I love my veggies and pulses etc as much as the pasta and rice, so I'm finding it quite easy and satisfying to base my eating around those instead. I'd planned to have pasta no more than once a week, but in fact during my first week I didn't have it at all. Didn't feel the need to. Yay! :D

I did make a gorgeous risotto though, absolutely delish, and I definitely WILL be having that once a week.

But hun, i'm trying to say, you don't need to limit yourself to not having it and i'm not sure why you are...

But hun, i'm trying to say, you don't need to limit yourself to not having it and i'm not sure why you are...

I'm sure I will have it from time to time, I just don't want to be relying on it as a regular thing if I don't need to. Purely because it's one of those foods I can't get enough of once I start, I mean I seriously can eat mountains of the stuff. A 'normal' portion is nowhere near enough. :D

i ate nothing but free food my first two weeks and i lost half a stone and i ate and ate and ate and ate some more the last time i did it i rationed myself and my weight loss was alot less so i think it depends on the person XXX

the more water you drink the less your body stores your kidnies and your liver function better and you don't absorb as much fat !!

Hi Susie,

I guess it's harder if you don't like veg that much, but whenever you do eat it, try and go for the 'SS' ones as they will help you lose faster... Peas are a 'SS'. Try and do the same with the fruit.. for me whenever I eat a lot of Strawberries and Melon (both 'SS') I have a good loss. They're lovely and sweet too :).

It's cool to stick with your rice and pasta and you need to also stick with the things you like to be able to keep it up. So long as you're careful what you put on/with them, don't worry.

Regards TOTM, I am also on the pill, but can still be caught out by this each month. We lovely ladies can retain literally lbs of fluid in the week running up to our Pd's and during the actual week of it too, so hang on in there and... 'Step Away From the Scales'! ;) x

Thanks Wonder. I didn't realise that we still had the water retention and stuff when we are on the pill. Might be why I feel achy and cranky as well.

From a former scale addict...STEP AWAY! I used to be terrible - I would weigh myself 3 times a day and had a chart of my weights first thing in the morning (after a wee but within 2 mins of getting out of bed - lightest weight, see!) middle of the day and just before bed. It just was not healthy!
I don't do it now, but I do hop on occasionally between my official WIs, and what someone said earlier about what the scales say affecting your mood is spot on. If I don't STS or show a loss, I get a bit down and am in serious danger of sabotaging my plan! So why do I still do it? Cos I have no willpower lol!

What I am wafflingly trying to say is, it wil take a few weeks to notice the way your body reacts to stuff - water, fibre, wheat, foods that make you gassy etc. Try and experiment - some great advice on this thread for you. I am sure that you'll settle into what suits you soon. In the meantime, good luck and stick to loads of free foods and you'll be losing, I'm sure :)

Your welcome, Honey. I've been bloated and cranky (delightful image ;)) for the last week, and it's down to the very thing we're discussing! Boo, Hiss!!

Also, even on a normal day I've experimented on the scales before and noticed that my weight can fluctuate in the region of 2-3 lbs - NIGHTMARE! X

The scales are not your friend.
Free food is very definately free, but I would only encourage people to eat when they feel they need to, not just cos its free or you'd never get any sort of sense of portion control. But, hey, if you're hungry, fill your boots!

I threw mine away! I just go on my weekly weigh in. My mate has been ill with sickness bug and she smugly said to me that she had weighed herself at home and had lost "loads". Meanwhile I have been eating loads of free food and enjoying it and guess what....

We both lost 2lbs!! You should have seen the face on it - lol.

I do the online part of SW Bodyoptomise so I need my scales. Bet you were feeling very smug I would have been. I've just made your lasagne:worthy:. Made a few changes to the top as I had a tub of cottage cheese and quark to use. It was bloody lovely thanks. I still have 5 portions to go in the freezer as well.

Melanie I've always had a bit of a problem with portion control thats how I got to over 20 stone :D. I will try and listen better so when my body shouts enough I hear it.

Glad you like it! I only like quark when I use it to make a raspberry pudding, I can't stand it cooked.

And I was feeling slightly smug yes!

Back