is it possible to put on 5lbs in a day?

JustForMe

Gold Member
i was naughty last night and i just weighed myself.....

is it possible to put on 5 whole pounds :cry:

Could it be holding onto water, if it was very salty.

Hi JustforMe

If you have been knocked out of ketosis then yes I would say so...what it really naughty or just a bit? Like Aoife said maybe you are retaining water.

I wouldnt weigh again until your next WI personally. What is done is done and jumping on the scales wont take that away, if anything it will make you feel ten times worse.

Just learn from your experience, pick yourself up and start again, aiming to not allow it to happen again and remember how you feel now....it will stand you in good stead next time when you feel like giving in.

You are doing well, so hang in there and just keep looking forward.

Take care and let us all know how you are doing.

hmmmm could be. it'll be soon off again tho i hope. thanks for the idea x

Yes. All the water you're drinking weighs something you know!! One litre of water weighs 2.2lbs- so if you don't wee it out, of course you'll weigh more in the evening!!
Plus- if you cheated, then your body could be retaining fluid.

Just learn from your experience, pick yourself up and start again, aiming to not allow it to happen again and remember how you feel now....it will stand you in good stead next time when you feel like giving in.

really good advice scotsmist. thanks i will remember that for next time :)

just noticed your weightloss .... you've had some really fab losses scotsmist. hope i can match that too :D

and thanks irishmum but i never knew i lire of water could weight that much :eek:

I googled it a while back after my pharmacist suggested I could be retaining fluid (was drinking too much!) and was shocked!!

Hi Kels,
Sorry you had a break out, but put it behind you today and concentrate on shifting it again. I think that's why the refeed is strict because if we ate normally again straight off this diet we would put up weight quickly, that's why it introduced over time. You know what you have to do, 100% and it will all come right off. Wishing you all the best.
Doirin

Hi Kels, don't beat yourself up about it ;) just note how you feel about doing it and get back on 100%. The key is to never stop trying :) we can all do this with the great help and support on this forum :p

I fell off the wagon last week the night before my WI and I gained 2lbs :cry: I realised how bad it made me feel and this week I have got back on and stuck to it 100%, it was well worth it I lost 7lbs :eek:

Keep up the good work, and good luck on your LT journey xxx

Back