Is it possible

Not been on for a while but i really need to get back on track.

My question is - is it possible to lose 37lbs in 12 weeks?

I bought all my holiday clothes in a smaller size as i was nearly there - then an episode of depression hit and i have put on quite a lot of weight again.

Should i return all the clothes for a bigger size? Or do you think i can do it?

Thanks in advance

You MAY be able to do it but being realistic its definitely up at the upper end of possibilities. Im sure some people will come on and say theyve lost that in that time frame but remember with SW they say the expected weight loss is 1 - 2lbs a week. You need to lose 3lbs every single week to achieve that goal.

Can you wait a while before deciding and see how you get on??? 3lbs a week Id say is probably slightly over optimistic

I am losing on average 3lb per week but I gave birth 2 months ago and I'm breastfeeding most people in my class seem to lose 1/2 to 1 1/2 per week

Only way you are going to do that is if you do cambride or lighterlife. Which averages at 3-7 pounds a week. But its mega hard....

It is a lot to aim for, you will have to stay very focused and be strict with yourself, good luck with it. X

Why not return the clothes that you feel you wouldn't miss too much and keep the things you'd be sad to see go...Especially if those clothes are ones you'd wear even AFTER your holiday.

It could be done but like everyone else has said, it is A LOT for that time frame. You have to remember as well that the nearer you get to your ideal weight, the lbs seem to slow down a bit, I know that happens with most people and it is starting to happen to me. I used to be losing average 2.5-3lbs a week and now it is 1-2lbs a week.
I think it would be best for you to go with what everyone else is saying, just do your best and be happy with what you do manage to lose, just try not to set your target too high!
Good luck though x x x

thanks everyone - you're right its far too much pressure

i took the stuff back today and got the size 24 - id rather have to wear a belt than to end up not being able to get any holiday clothes to fit when i go away at the end of october

Back