Is it possible?

So even if new mechanical scales i bought and scales at Boots weigh the same, my old scales weighed 2 stone lighter so i still lost 2 stone? Basically i was 2 stone heavier in the first place i'm guessing.

Thanks for the link that makes things much clearer now :)

Another thing i worry about is after losing the weight would there be excess fat? Is this common or because im young do i have nothing to worry about?

There won't be excess fat but there may be excess skin. Some people get it, some don't. I haven't got much and I'm much older than you. You should be fine. Weight training and going to the gym will help with that.

Really though even if you did get it you'd find your life much better thinner...I don't regret a single moment of dieting.

Thanks for the help much appreciated! Just now need to find out when the best time to do weight training is... before or after eating?

Should i do weights after walking or as a seperate activity on a day when i do little walking? Sorry if i'm being stupid :p

Last edited:
Exercising when you are full is a no-no because you'll make yourself sick. But equally if you are starving hungry you won't have enough energy. I go to the gym after work about 4.30. I eat something about 2.30 so I have enough energy.

At the gym I follow a programme I was set that involves cardio and weights so you can do it all together. You get set a free programme when you join the gym - it's worth taking advantage of that as its tailored to you.

And there are no stupid questions! If you don't know...you don't know and there's only one way to find out.

Just been to the docs and told him my plans, got weighed as well. I just recently had my blood taken to test for everything they said, all came back clear :)

However when i mentioned going to the gym and stuff he said i should continue walking until i'm down to at least 20 stone, something to do with damaging my bone structure? Anyone heard of this before?

Your doctor knows your own personal situation so I'd take their advice. I know a guy who lost stones just walking his dog. They just walked a LONG way!

Yea? I walk 6 miles + a day three times a week, then small walks to shops and back on the other days, i guess i'm just being impatient with it, and just need to forget that i'm trying to lose weight.

Just entered what i've eaten into the Weight Watchers tracker for the last two days, i get upto 34/40 on both days eating different things, not bad considering i'm choosing what i eat and none of it is bad.

Anyone who uses weight watches know what it means in the column 'Saved this Week', it says 32 for me over tue/wed .

Back