Is it time to really commit?

PrettyPaula

Amusing Title.
so, ive been getting rid of some clothing i have which is a size 18... and a couple of 16s which are holiday clothes... on eBay.

this is because i do NOT intend to need them. Full stop.

The thing im not so sure of is why im hanging onto some dresses in an 18 that i adore... i could get so much money on eBay for them... so why am i holding on to them?

i feel very much like i am going to get to goal. ive no doubt in my mind that i can do this for as long as i need to.

How has anyone else dealt with this?

I personally dont throw things out until theyre 2 sizes too small, just because i've learned from experience sometimes life just happens. Maybe thats a defeatist attitude, but when I put weight on, if i dont feel confident in my clothes, i tend to put off going out, and the weight creeps on more.

thats just me though x

get rid you will find new favourite dresses in smaller sizes :) get lots of money and buy yourself a spa day with the money for when you get to goal :)

I kept my favourite things in all the sizes (charity shopped the rest). I should maybe start thinking about getting rid of the bigger ones tho given that I'm a size 14 now and started at size 24 :)

this is it bordersgirl.

i am never going to allow myself to need those sizes again.
LIFE will not just happen, a healthy life will happen. im 28 and need to get my body back.

I find it difficult to get rid of clothes in any size - I've still got bags full of size 8/10's from years ago in the attic, which I'd probably never wear again but couldn't bear to throw them out. I still have my size 18's too, think I might sort through them today.

You seem motivated! I'm sure you'll be able to sell them eventually. I like the spa day idea, or something else you'd enjoy once you reach goal x

Do you sew honey? You could adjust the ones that you really love maybe. Kx

Kiki - i couldnt ruin Laura Ashley!

Hahaha, no I wouldnt want you to do that either honey! :D I sew, so I do adjustments as I need them but Im sure if you ask around locally, or even within your friends, someone might be able to help you. I hope you get to keep the ones that you love and wear them again at the size you want :)
xx

i think id be better selling off and rebuying in the smaller sizing maybe... id hate to have it ruined, i dont trust dry cleaners/ alterations pleaces in notts. one of them ruined my hubbys wedding suit.

its completely destroyed.

Back