Is it time to stop?

River

Ready for the new me!
Funny as i just realised Ladyt has posted a thread about stopping and not wanting to hijack with a slightly different problem, id love some advice.

Im not sure what to do, i could goto my doctor but my doctor's opinion has been from when i started last september not to do LL and to go for the surgery option, so i think she may just jump on the stop bandwagon. Id just like someone from the outside who has LL experience as my LLC says to see my GP.

Well it all started these past three weeks initially i was getting terrible migranes to the point i just slept alot then with these past two weeks came the exhaustion. I sleep the average 8 hours (sometimes 10) and i pretty much stay indoors alot doing the house work for around an hour a day(even with 5 min breaks). I was doing 30 mins of exercise every other day until i found when i got off my exercise equipment my knees started giving way and dizzy/blacking out.

Wanting to step up again this week as i just feel so lathargic i decided to start the 30 day shred and i lasted 10 mins before my knees gave way and i sat down shaking/couldnt breath :(.

I have atleast 4lbs to goto RTM and im so conflicted.. I feel so tired right now and im the most grumpiest anti social person on earth to the point i dont want to see my friends and family.

My mums a nurse so she wants me to stop but my OH thinks i should try push for this last week. Im just very confused :sigh:.

Last edited:
Well you proved to your GP there was no need for surgery!!

However, I would get checked over in case there is a reason for the migraines not even linked to LL.

Follow your instincts on this, if you think its the right time for RTM and introducing food, then go for it now. I'm sure you will drop the last 4 lbs on RTM. xx

Yes i did hehe! Thanks sweet, i was thinking of booking one when i get home from seeing my family but i sort of blamed it all on the diet and thought not to bother but i guess i cant live on pain killers for it forever..

I just feel so guilty but also i dont think i can take much more before i have a melt down, i just dont undertstand why now? Ive been fine through the whole thing and the last hurdle now its making things impossible.
I can honestly say ive never been this tired.. the tiredness i had in hospital doesnt even compare to this and i barely do anything :(.

If it's any help I'm re-feeding at the moment - with fruit, grains and even one G& skinny T at the weekend. Still lost a pound this week!!

My energy is better on food - always a worry for me as I have a long history of chronic fatigue syndrome.

Since moving to lite - 2 meals - 2 packs my energy has been great.

You sound ready for RTM - enjoy!! xx

Hi hun, I do sympathise with you, feeling unwell whilst not eating conventional foods almost enhances the fact you're not feeling to well. I know that feeling only too well.

Just looking at your stats, you mentioned wanting to lose the last 4lb's but according to your stats you are sitting round 141lb, wow is all I have to say thats amazing. I guess if I was in your shoes I would seriously consider moving straight to RTM does the last 1-4lb really make a huge amount of difference in the grand scheme of you losing over 100lbs, I think not especially when your health is in question.

Maybe this is your body telling you enough is enough, just like I thought with mine. Albeit slightly different issues as mine was due to the hair loss thst I was considering moving to RTM now. I think if I was feeling as miserable (in the nicest possible way I mean that hun) and unwell I think you have to seriously consider it.

Maybe going into RTM will give you the strength to exercise and actually it will probably help shift that last little bit that you would like to lose.

Its a hard decision, one I dont envy you.I think its particularly difficult to make as there is almost a safety blanket in LL.

Good lukc hun, look after yourself xxx

Thanks ladies for your advice, it has helped me to have an outside view on things, as ive been bombarded by friends and family that i look terrible (gee thanks) and things shouldnt be this way.

Come Tuesday i will be moving onto RTM.. Ive had a rough few days and i dont think i can do this anymore. I had a bbq for my little sisters birthday and i felt so much better for it afterwards so i think this is really a sign i need to start RTM.

Loosing the 4lbs left was only a buffer really for RTM as i was afraid of gaining on RTM on the trigger weaks and from what you were saying hannah you can still loose when you do go to the forbidden side lol.

I am afraid as LL is a big comfort blanket and i know whats going in and its a bit daunting to be doing this myself from now on but my healths priority at this point. Im just scared as well, as i havent eaten properly since i had my gallbladder out and i know i cant handle certain foods on that either.

So wish me luck! Going to start planning and get my RTM book out ready :)
(p.s LadyT im loosing my hair too lol and i look terrible considering my hairs thin anyway :(). xx

Thanks ladies for your advice, it has helped me to have an outside view on things, as ive been bombarded by friends and family that i look terrible (gee thanks) and things shouldnt be this way.

Come Tuesday i will be moving onto RTM.. Ive had a rough few days and i dont think i can do this anymore. I had a bbq for my little sisters birthday and i felt so much better for it afterwards so i think this is really a sign i need to start RTM.

Loosing the 4lbs left was only a buffer really for RTM as i was afraid of gaining on RTM on the trigger weaks and from what you were saying hannah you can still loose when you do go to the forbidden side lol.

I am afraid as LL is a big comfort blanket and i know whats going in and its a bit daunting to be doing this myself from now on but my healths priority at this point. Im just scared as well, as i havent eaten properly since i had my gallbladder out and i know i cant handle certain foods on that either.

So wish me luck! Going to start planning and get my RTM book out ready :)
(p.s LadyT im loosing my hair too lol and i look terrible considering my hairs thin anyway :(). xx

A good decision - the world of food is scary - but RTM is gentle and gradual and you can repeat trigger weeks if they reveal a problem for you.

You have the support of us too!! xx

Aw so pleased you made a balanced decision on RTM, sometimes it is far to easy to get stuck focused on the goal and not allow our bodies to dictate when enough is enough. I am looking forward to hearing how you get on with RTM, ther will be a few us going on that journey together over thye coming months so we can all suppot each other still which is good news!

As for the hair, apparently hair, skin and nails tablets are ok to take and really help strengthen things up but only after the shedding is done.You look stunning on your pic with lovely hair so dont you go worrying too much over it lovely xxxx

Thanks Hannah im excited and i think if i have problems ill either repeat or if i cant handle it just cut that thing out for good or limit it (lol look at me..).

Aww thank you LadyT :) and yours too, you couldnt even tell youve been loosing anything in your pic lovely as you look so fab :)! but us girls and our hair hehe between that and my make up looking good when i go out lol i dont know how id cope if it goes on :eek:.

Im going to deffinatly look into the tablets for it.. my nails have like these ridges on them and they break like theres no tomorrow.

Itll be nice to start around the same time and share experiences as im the only one from my orignal group who has stayed to RTM, so i do feel a bit lonely and get the impression from my councillor that many dont do it and i dont think she did either. x

Back