Is it worth making the syn free muffins?

miss jelly tot

CWP Consultant
Well I finally got hold of some polenta :eek: and was going to make the muffins. Looking again, some reviews are good and some terrible. Is it worth a try or should I save my gold dust polenta for something like the chilli corn bread?

Which polenta did you get? The fine has syns. Please could you let me know where you got it from? I can only find coarse, is that the same?

It doesn't say but it feels fine, not lumpy. I got it from sainsburys and it's made by Merchant Gourmet and was 99p. I have just looked it up

Merchant Gourmet Polenta, One Minute, dried 100g dry

red.gif
Original 18 Syns
green.gif
Green Free

Hope it helps. Im going back for more if the muffins are any good.

Do you have the recipes for the corn bread and muffins, I'm feeling a bit more adventurous and will have a go with some recipes over the weekend.

I would agree just give them a go! I made a massive mistake today! had a "skinny" lemon and poppyseed muffin from Starbucks! OMG!!!!! 19.5 Syns!!! I will have to walk a few miles tonight to make a dent in that!! I wish I hadn't looked now LMAO! x

I'm definintely trying them next week but I love polenta in any case.

Do you have the recipes for the corn bread and muffins
They are on the recipe page . I used the search tool to find the bread. Oh let me know how they go please:D

Back