Is it wrong to kick start with Dukan!

oooooooooooooo lead me too the diabetic section of boots !!!!!!!!!!!!!
thats fine by me excellent idea i may visit thortons on Thursday.....
Ive a bar of marmite chocolate but ive a feeling i may not actually be too keen . theres ferreros in to but my lad likes them so i wont get loads ..
i do like lidls olives with almonds

I am dreading putting on a few pounds over xmas as I only have a few pound to go now to my goal weight, but I AM going to have a chocolate (or 2), I never thought I would say it but I could go without the tatties on xmas day if need be but I think what is the point of doing that if I am going to have a couple of chocolates? Also I remember how hard it was to get back into the diet after my weeks holiday :(

yeah but Kay you will have all us naughties to come back too , we will all be in the same boat !!!

diabetic choccie REALLY needs to be consumed in moderation (or stay near a loo!!)
(been there, tried that, never again!)

diabetic choccie REALLY needs to be consumed in moderation (or stay near a loo!!)
(been there, tried that, never again!)

SECONDED!!

Or any other sweets with maltitol! Some are worse than others - I can have several 'boiled' (Ricola sugar free) in a day, but that handful of jelly babies I will not forget:eek: Also not good for those around you (wind!) :eek:
Not sure what the choc is like but from Jo's description....

AND: while they may not contain SUGAR, chocolate does contain Fat and other carbs...

Also not good for those around you (wind!) :eek:
While we're on the subject (haaa!), not "usual smelling wind" either... so definitely blameable on the cat/drains/whatever... [IF you dare let it out!!]

I'll get my coat...

So true though Anja... a lot of these "sugar free" things are actually worse than the real version because of whatever they add fat wise to make it palatable.

High % cocoa is the way to go. Lindt do a good selection (up to 90%, I think - too strong for me) and a square of 80%+ is definitely enough or two if you're really needing chocolate.

Don't go for the milk/praline ones, they have low cocoa content and make you crave more.

pralines are my absolute downfall :)...or any chocolate with nuts in :)...

agree on the high percentage chocs, I've a bar which I bought for emergencies....during earlier periods of dukan....it's only half gone :eek: after 6 months...testament to how it sorts the cravings but wont let you go overboard :) x

oooooooooooooo lead me too the diabetic section of boots !!!!!!!!!!!!!
thats fine by me excellent idea i may visit thortons on Thursday.....
Ive a bar of marmite chocolate but ive a feeling i may not actually be too keen . theres ferreros in to but my lad likes them so i wont get loads ..
i do like lidls olives with almonds

Boots do a diabetic version of those lovely chocolate shells - and you wouldn't know they were sugar free!

My Mum couldn't have sorbitol (or else was as Jo describes), so sounds like if it's got 'xxxxxitol' in the ingredients, then best to not buy it.

She was told to have a small amount of normal chocolate instead by the diabetic nurse (I used to buy her choclate gingers - double the sugar-trouble but she loved them:D) so I'd follow that and leave your intestines in peace.

Is that so? I admit that I've only been to West Quay the once, finding it all too overwhelming for words - far too big and I get claustrophobic when I can't see exits! I almost had a panic attack in Hong Kong in a similar place! Just had to get OUT!!

You don't ever venture as far south as F'ham I don't s'pose?

I don't really tend to since we moved away from Whiteley.I like the cinema in Fareham. I could have brought you sprouts to Fareham, but we are going to be in Wales :cry:

That's a shame (more for meeting you than for sprouts!). I'll be seeing my friend from Whiteley!

Back