Is JUDDD the one for me?

cornishkez

Gold Member
Hello all! Today is my first day JUDDDing and I thought I'd start how I mean to go on and get a diary in action :)

I'm a serial yo-yo dieter and binge eater and have tried just about every plan going. But after 2 years of playing around with VLCD's, I am feeling very lost with reagrds to weight loss/healthy eating. I am just about the same weight that I was when I originally started VLCD's, despite having at one point lost 3 stone.

I don't feel I have much of a grasp on what is a healthy food anymore?! I see things that I know are healthy as bad, because they contain too many carbs or too much sugar. Protein is good, even if it is ridiculously high in fat...I just wish I could erase all of the many, many 'rules' I seem to have engrained in my mind and start afresh?!

I'm 27 and been fighting the weight battle and dieting in some form or another since I was about 12? My lowest weight that I can recall was at about 15 years old and I was just under 10 stone, my heaviest was about a year ago and I was just over 19 stone. I've pretty much been stable at around 17 and a half stone the rest of the time, though I have dipped down a couple of times to 15 stone.

I got married 6 weeks ago and I had managed to get down to 16 stone 2lbs (my lowest while on my VLCD journey). But since the wedding I have ballooned back up to 18 stone. It's disgusting really, but I just can't help myself from bingeing! The sad thing is that I was actually really starting to feel good about myself and making an effort with my appearance etc. Though, even that wasn't enough to stop me from my gluttony.

I want to loose weight for a number of reasons, aside from the whole being healthy and feeling 'normal' aspect. My hubbie and I would like children in the future, but there is a strong chance that we will need help. To be considered for IVF, you have to have a BMI below 30. And also, I have a horse who is now 4 and a half and I have had since he was 6 months old. I am too big to ride him, but have been saying since the day I got him, that I was going to loose weight in time to ride him. Well he's now ready to be ridden, but I'm not ready to ride?! :(

So anyway, I've seen JUDDD bouncing around the forum for quite some time now and it's become very popular these last few months. So I thought, why not? The plan makes sense!

Day 1 is a DD as I've been eating way more than I should for the last 6 weeks, so there was no need to start on an UD :) The website says my DD's should be 462kcals and my UD's should be 2310kcals.

I try to get to the gym Mon, Wed and Fri. So I think these will be my UD's, but it also means I have to do a double UP Sun/Mon. Hopefully that won't have too much an effect on the weight loss. But we'll just take it a day at a time.

Looking forward to meeting/following plenty of new faces :)

hey hun, ive had major problems with bingeing in the past and i did cambridge for 5 months to get my initial weight off, now im juddding to get my last stone off then maintain with it. its seems the only solution to allowing myself to have treat foods and learn to curb my appetite at the same time. half the time im not hungry when i binge, its just mindlessness because the food is there but juddd seems the perfect solution. ive only done one week of juddd and although the down days have been hard, having the ups has really helped and i know that once i get to maintenance stage, i can up my calorie intake on the down days which will help me maintain a good balance.

hope you do well with juddd too! x

I'm a bit like you getting down to about 17 stone, then bouncing up and down between 17 and 19 stone for the past 3 years... I hit my lowest point and highest weight recently, at 20 stone. So I started juddd. The time has honestly just whooooooshed by, I'm a stone lighter and tonnes lighter in my head. It really is a relief as I'm no longer battling the constant need to stuff my face with anything I can get my hands on. I'm not *great* on UDs however I'm still losing weight.

I find that DDs can be REALLY tough at times but I can get through it knowing that its not forever, infact its never more than 24 hours before you can have that cake or whatever you want :)

I wish you well in your weight loss journey x

Congrats on finding this diet i think its the best thing and i cant wait to start. I also think that VLCD's encourage binging and I have been doing just this along with alot of other people so your not on your own!!!

Good luck and congrats on the wedding you lucky thing x

Hello and welcome, I love Juddd and thinks it the best, its easy to follow no real rules apart from sticking to your DD cals and eating enough on your UPs, the diet only lasts for a day ata a time and knowing that no foods are restricted on UPs reduces the urge to binge, DD s though hard at times, though they do get easier, are empowering and make you feel really good about yourself, any questions don't be afraid to ask , we are a really friendly bunch, all the best with it and I look forward to seeing how you get along x

Hey Kez

You still Juddding? I've started today after seeing my mate have fab results on it and see how well most people get on with it :)

If you need a JUDDD buddy I'm here lol :) as cant keep going back to vlcd's as wasting my money and think after 3 years need to find something that works long term :D

Hope you're well and ponies are too x

Hey vik, good to see you. I saw your fb status. And the one about the date? Spill?! :) No im not juddding, I dragged to sw by some girls at work but still tempted.

Hey Kez , you did well on slimming world before didn't you? I just can't get my head round it , but done JUDDD before just wish I stuck it out instead of going back to vlcd's lol.

Oh yeah I have a date, having a go at this online dating lark after my mate met a really nice guy on there, :) this guy sounds lovely , just gotta see what happens Tomorrow night :), least the dates on an upday haha :) .

Hows your lovely circus pony going? He is gorgeous xxx

Back