Is microwaving ok??

YummyMummy04

Silver Member
Hello all,

I really want to use some of the recipes posted on a seperate thread to jazz up the drinks and my diet a bit.

I have tried the crisps in Oriental Chilli flavour and they are yummy :eating:

The only problem is my cdc said not to use the recipes as nuking them in the microwave takes away all their goodness. Only the porridge is ok in the microwave.

Can anyone confirm or not if this is true as i they taste yummy and i wanted to make 1 of the recipes a day but dont want to ruin my diet or miss out on the the vitamins if the cdc is right.

Thanks for any advice

yes. Sorry, but it's true.

the only pack that can be cooked is the porridge.

Of course, if you are on SS+ and allowed an extra pack (4 instead of 3), you can cook one of them as you are getting everything you need in the 3 packs.

Ok thank you both. That was going to make the pack bearable as i am really struggling at the mo but there is no point if i am nuking the vitamins out of them.

Thank you for your replies.

Try the mix-a-mousse, it is really yummy.......best is to do it with the chocolate shakes, my fav is chocolate orange. You will need to get a tub of mix-a-mousse from your CDC then follow the instructions on the tub. It comes out much much better when done with a blender, if you blend it for 2 minutes it increases in volume. Good luck. xx

Thanks Tracey,

Had 1 last night with the strawberry and not sure if i did it right and it was stilll very "gluppy" after 15 mins in the fridge and then 10 mins in the freezer.

But i also just read on another thread i am not meant to use the mousse until the 3rd week (i have only been on ss for 2 days) :cry:

Sorry no microwaving of soups. Boil the kettle then leave for about 5 mins them make up otherwise you destroy the heat sensitive vitamins in the packs.

Back