Is Online SW Worth the Money?

ame297

Hello all

I started doing SW from home on my own last Thursday after a friend sent me some info by email. I did it years ago so I know the basics and have all up to date info needed to get started.

However, what I am missing is a comprehensive syns list & calculator and am not sure whether its better to buy the books or sign up to the online SW where you get access to everything? With the books there seem to be at least 3 to buy - the Food Directory, Free Branded Food and Low Syn Snacks. The advantage with the books is that it's a one off cost, however the advantage with online SW is that I am assuming as and when new food comes out it gets added to the online database? So it's constantly being updated? Also you get the online calculator and you can use the iPhone app too which would be good when out shopping.

I can't make up my mind so I thought I would ask you all what you think? I don't mind signing up online for the initial 3 months but £20 a month seems a lot going forward.

What are your views?

I've been doing it 2 years and have always got a renewal deal which can work out at £15 a month. I am still an online member and although I don't use it every day I do like having access to the database so for me it's worth it. It's also useful to have the complete lists of hex's. As an information tool it's fine, but don't expect any other support from it!

Ijoined online, its no too bad, plus you don't HAVE to pay £20 a month after, if you choose one of the "resubscribe" offers you can renew for 3 months for £45 (so £15 a month that works out at) or you can renew for 6 or 12 months two, cant remember how much those are though. I just renewed mine for another 3 months :)

It's definitely no substitute for going to group - I joined online last year and never stuck with it as no support. Depends if you need that kick up the backside occasionally I suppose. Have lost 8 1/2 lbs in 8 weeks this time, stone and a half to go.....

Oh i will say this too, if you like groups and need support in physical form, join a group. If you are like me and socially awkward/prefer being on your own or just don't like weighing in front of a group (I am all three of those) then join online, i've never felt the need to lie online, cos I know its only me I will be kidding if I veer off. Plus I don't need any more motivation than I have already got, so online suits me fine :)

I joined a group to start off with. I got all the books with the registration fee and also if you go to group you get the website free too. I have decided after a few weeks though that I don't like the classes. While I find the website helpful for looking up syn values I don't want to pay that price for it so I am going it alone with just the books. Pretty much everything is in there and I know if I want to find the value of syns for a new product then I will probably be able to find it on here :)

I don't go to meetings as there aren't any in my country, but I probably wouldn't even if there were!! I am an online member, I feel the cash I've paid helps me stay committed to the plan, especially on wobbly days, also the email reminder of having to enter my weight makes it's hard to ignore and I really don't want to see that weight graph going in the wrong direction. I had ancient books that a friend gave me years ago, the basics are the same but the website is great for new healthy extras and recipe ideas as well, just my tuppence worth, good luck anyway!!

:):):):):talk017:Some people prefer online but for me its group all the way. I love the social aspect, and the support from my fantastic consultant who cares about us all and is there for us literally24/7. I think the key is the consultant, I have had a bad one but this time its totally different. I feel a useful member of the group and am a member of the social team, but also recognise that we are not all the same and for others its "online all the way" I think we all agree on one thing though, S W is a great weight loss plan, not diet, and its ongoing and sustainable for life.

I love online as I hate weighing in the evening! And can't go to a morning class as I work all week. Find my weigh ins are more accurate if I weigh on an empty stomach. Everyone is different though. I used to like going to class. It's good for motivation and support! :) they're both the same price so it's up to you.

Thanks for all for replies - I have decided to bite the bullet and sign up online for 3 months on the silver package.

I have the discount code....thank you.

I will let you know how it goes :)

Back