is slimming world for me?

LucyNewMum

Silver Member
hi all :) just after a little advice if possible.

im currently in late pregnancy and after losing nearly 4 stone last year i am currently up 2 stone (obviously some will come off after pregnancy). been looking into slimming world and although a little confusing it looks like a good plan with lots of success. i achieved alot of my success last year through rosemary conley, however have just stopped going to class. as far as i can see, slimming world is all about healthy eating which is something i want, and in a way is quite similar with regards to healthy eating and restricted high fat treats, but slimming world has the benefit of not having to weigh/measure :) (as far as i can tell! i am still a little unclear as to how it works fully)

anyway what im really asking is it the plan would fit in with a busy mum. i will have two under two, i hope to bf for a while and i know that i will not always have the time (or patience) to cook from scratch. of course there is simple meals like pasta/jackets/meat and veg etc but if i wanted to use 'ready made' things would these fit into the plan? things like jarred sauces, tinned soups or tinned spaghetti, cereal bars etc

also do i have this right? super free foods to fill 1/3rd plate, free foods for the rest. 1 hex a and 1 hex b and 5-15 syns? im guessing this will all make more sense if i join lol

thanks in advance :)

Hey. I have recently started slimming world from home after having my little boy. It is easy to fit in aslong as you are prepared. It is much easier if you have chopped up fruit/ carrots/ quiche in the fridge to grab incase little one is having an unsettled day! All the running round after them adds up as body magic too :)
Yeah extra easy is 1/3 super free with 1 a and b. I tend to stick to 10-15 syns at the start as it gives something to reduce if needed closer to target.
With regards to jars you need to look around there are a few which fit in I love the maggi/ schwartz bags though for quick and easy meals as a few of these are low synned. There are also a few soups listed as hex b too.

Hope this helps some confusion

I think there is a different plan ( some extras) if you are bf so maybe check that out before starting anything.

Thanks guys- just realised how long my question was lol. I've ordered the new starter pack off eBay which has a two week voucher for a local meeting. Can't wait to have a good look through it and get my head round the plan a bit more. I understand its slightly different when bf'ing so hopefully they'll be info on that. If there's any info on the pregnancy plan I may just start now- not point carrying on stuffing my face still just more ill have to lose later lol x

Back