Is splenda a syn or free when used in cooking?

emiemac

Hi, dont know if anyone can help me, i've just made meringue nests, using egg whites and splenda, i know both these are free, but they were so yummy, with fresh fruit and muller light, i'm just wondering, is splenda still free if its used in cooking? rather than being used in tea, coffee etc..

I think so yes....but you mentioned fruit above, stewed apple etc is not free....so may need to check that one xx

yea, really easy to make, 3 tbsp of splenda to 1egg white, (i used 3 egg whites, and that made 5 big meringues)
whisk the egg whites until its at the soft peak stage, gradually add the splenda, keep whisking until it forms stiff peaks, line a baking tray with baking paper, (they dont stick then) spoon the mixture on, put them in the oven gas 1/2, or 110, bake them for about 90 mins, switch the oven off, but dont take them out til the oven is completely cold, they should be nice and crunchy then.. happy baking!!!

Just found this, checking if these meringues are still free, as im going to make them tonight!!!

Back