Is stock still free if it's homemade?

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers - ProPoints Queries' started by Sneeze, 11 July 2011 Social URL.

1. Sneeze

Sneeze Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st6lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st10lb(31.01%)
    Diet:
    WW ProPoints & Gym
    Boyfriend made a roast chicken last night and turned the bones to a stock. He's made soup with it today (all veg - nothing with points) but it looked very oily. The chicken itself seemed quite greasy yesterday but I just wanted to make sure homemade stock is still free? I've pointed about 4points for it just to be on the safe side.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. lilbootoo

lilbootoo Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st6lb
    Current Weight:
    14st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4lb(8.33%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers ProPoints
    Hiya,
    I just checked on the tracker and it says fresh chicken stock is free for 100ml, but 1 point for 300 which would be enough to make a great big bowl of soup.
    Hope that helps
    Em x

4. Sneeze

Sneeze Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st6lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st10lb(31.01%)
    Diet:
    WW ProPoints & Gym
    You're an absolute star chick. Thanks! I didn't even think to look on the eSource. Doh!! :giggle:

5. lilbootoo

lilbootoo Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st6lb
    Current Weight:
    14st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4lb(8.33%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers ProPoints
    It's fast becoming my lifeline! I ork 13 hour shifts and have started getting twitchy cos I haven't tracked as I've eaten. Just writing it down till I get home makes me worry I'll forget something or seriously underpoint!
    Honestly, I am turning into a WW geek!

6. vijch50

vijch50 Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st4lb
    Current Weight:
    13st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st10lb(16.67%)
    Diet:
    weight watchers
    with homemade chicken stock if you refrigerate it before you make a soup all the fat will come to the top and be scraped off so you will have virtually fat free stock, or if you are in a hurry put it in the freezer for half and hour and then scrape off . You can also start by pouring it into one of those fat and lean gravy boat things to get a lot of it off before you cool it. Vicki

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.