• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Is stock still free if it's homemade?

Sneeze

Silver Member
Boyfriend made a roast chicken last night and turned the bones to a stock. He's made soup with it today (all veg - nothing with points) but it looked very oily. The chicken itself seemed quite greasy yesterday but I just wanted to make sure homemade stock is still free? I've pointed about 4points for it just to be on the safe side.

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
Hiya,
I just checked on the tracker and it says fresh chicken stock is free for 100ml, but 1 point for 300 which would be enough to make a great big bowl of soup.
Hope that helps
Em x

Sneeze

Silver Member
You're an absolute star chick. Thanks! I didn't even think to look on the eSource. Doh!! :giggle:

It's fast becoming my lifeline! I ork 13 hour shifts and have started getting twitchy cos I haven't tracked as I've eaten. Just writing it down till I get home makes me worry I'll forget something or seriously underpoint!
Honestly, I am turning into a WW geek!

with homemade chicken stock if you refrigerate it before you make a soup all the fat will come to the top and be scraped off so you will have virtually fat free stock, or if you are in a hurry put it in the freezer for half and hour and then scrape off . You can also start by pouring it into one of those fat and lean gravy boat things to get a lot of it off before you cool it. Vicki