strawberry's life is changing for good

Hi Strawberry,

I find that if I get off plan for whetever reason, then it takes quite a few days to get back. Much more difficult to get back on plan than stay on plan. Try to forget about it now and look ahead!

Eating mozarella straight out of the packet - hihi, I've just done that, 2 days ago... I can digest it though, are you lactose intolerant?

I can't do SP, either, I haven't even tried it, I just know!! I can do without meat but not without carbs.

Good diary, that potato salad sounds nice!

Hi Strawberry, I find that if I get off plan for whetever reason, then it takes quite a few days to get back. Much more difficult to get back on plan than stay on plan. Try to forget about it now and look ahead! Eating mozarella straight out of the packet - hihi, I've just done that, 2 days ago... I can digest it though, are you lactose intolerant? I can't do SP, either, I haven't even tried it, I just know!! I can do without meat but not without carbs. Good diary, that potato salad sounds nice!

Yes, getting back on plan is REALLY difficult!! But i managed well today and i think i'm getting there. Sugar headaches are starting to subside!!

No, it's not lactose intolerance as i can eat / drink as much fat free dairy products as i want but I can't digest dairy fat...cream and cheese are the worst :-(

Today's final list of food
B: apple
L: leftover pasta, bolognese and courgette oasta with 15g parmesan (1/2 hexa)
S: blueberries and 1 banana
D: lemon chicken with rice and veg, ice cream sandwich (7 syns)
S: hot milk (1/2 hexa) & 1 alpen light bar (1/2 hexb)

Total syns: 7.0

Another 100% day today!

Food for today (well yesterday 15.05)
B: 35g bran flakes (hexb) with hot water & apple
S: Banana
L: Heinz Spaghetti & apple & strawberry mueller light
S: 1 cup of coffee with milk (part of hexa)
D: SW chili (3 syns for the left over salsa I put in) with rice (1 syn for the whole pack) and heaps of veg (double portion...greedy moo :D)
S: 2 :eek: ice cream sandwiches (5 syns each)
Bedtime treat: Rest of my hexa milk heated up....mmmmhhhhh!!!!!

Total syns: 14

Good-o, welldone, keep going!
Don't feel guilty about eating two lots of icecream, you were within your syns.
That's what I like about SW, I can eat a mini Magnum (5 syns) and not feel guilty because I know what I'm doing.
(Well... when I do, haha)
My problem is that sometimes at 10 pm I get an irresistable urge to eat... (wait for it ) WHITE BREAD. With butter.
I'm beginning to accept it and save syns for it. I don't eat crisps (hardly ever), so 3 syns for the bread + the butter= like a packet of crisps for normal people.

Anyway, that's my problem - good luck to you Strawberry! :)

Hi silja, i do tend to get peckish or even hungry quite late..i should just go to bed at 8 and i'd be superskinny, lol

Had another really good day today...spent ages in the garden just weeding and tidying after dh cutting the conifer hedge but still lots of body magic...my legs are killing!!!!

My food today:
B: banana & coffee with milk (part of hexa)
L: bacon medallion (no fat) sandwich (hexb + 2.5 syns) with 2 eggs and ketchup (2 syns)
D: super pasta n sauce tomato, onion & herb with 5g of parmesan (1.5 syns) with salad of cucumber, peppers and tomatoes with fat free french dressing
S: ice cream sandwich (5 syns)
Bedtime treat: rest of hexa milk with 5g of options (1 syn)

Total syns: 12

So after 3 really good days yesterday was an absolute dive in the toilet!
We went to a birthday party and to begin with everything was great. We left at 7:30 and I decided to have a pasta 'n' sauce at home because I was still hungry after staying away from the really bad temptations.
So I had the pasta 'n' sauce! Very wise food choice...unfortunately that was followed by 3 pieces of wholemeal (don't think that makes any difference) toast with pate x2 and salami x1 as well as 2 packets of crisps and 1 fake twix.
I'll count the maoams as free as they are technically fruit and therefore don't count, lol (just joking!!!!)

Today is much better!
So far I had:
B: 35g bran flakes (hex b) layered cherry yoghurt (0.5 syns)
L: Potatoe & Egg Salad (free) with fat free French dressing (free) with sliced ham, mango & passion fruit layered yoghurt (free)
S: grapes, kiwi, cherry yoghurt (0.5 syns)
D: NOT SURE YET! Maybe a SW quiche with salad

Syns so far: 1

Feeling very motivated today. They had teacakes and bourbon biscuits at work and I was offered repeatedly but stayed strong. Having lots of nibbles today has helped! Oh if I am well organised this SW malarkey is an absolute doddle...it's all the things that come in between that I cannot control, i.e. birthday parties, etc.

Also, it's my birthday next week and I have decided to have a party! AND I have also decided to have whatever I want to eat. First I thought I'll stick to making SW food all the way but that way I cannot have anyone help and with 22 people coming round + the 3 of us I really need help with the food and drink! AND I don't want to feel cheated out of having treats on my birthday. I am hoping I'll get under 14st by the end of the month, so fingers crossed I'll be really good every day except from my birthday!

THAT'S THE PLAN!!!!!

Hi Strawberry

apparently there is a saying in Finland: "well-planned is half-done". That's totally my mantra on SW. I like to have the fridge full of frozen portions of homemade free stuff. But it's not always easy to be organized and sometimes I'm just not in the mood to eat what I have ready.

"3 pieces of wholemeal toast with pate x2 and salami x1" sounds absolutely like me, I'm afraid... I think you were simply very hungry after being so good at the party.

Deciding to treat yourself on your birthday is also planning, and it's a good one, lol! Although it was my daughter's birthday at the weekend, I baked a huge Black Forest chocolate cake, and managed to stick to one slice @ 15 syns. That's a first for me...

Your plan sounds v nice for today. Can I ask, when you make potato salad, do you make it fresh, or do you make it the night before? It's such a good idea but surely I can't really make it 20 minutes before lunch?

Fingers crossed for your under 14st by the end of month!

Hi silja

That potato and egg salad is ready made from aldi. It's basically lettuce, tomato, cucumber and spring onion with a boiled salad potato and i hard boiled egg halved!
I do make potato salad to go with dinner...just boiled potatoes sliced mixed with onions and then stock and vinegar added until you have a potato salady consistancy...does that make sense? Mmhhh, really fancy that now, lol

That saying sounds so very right! Really need to get back to planning!

Had a fritata (potato, onion and eggs) for dinner in the end with salad as well as 2 fish fingers (3 syns)
Had jelly and an ice cream sandwich for dessert (1.5 + 5 syns) and then a late night oacket of aldi watsits (4.5 syns)
My hexa was a cup of hot milk!
That takes me to an overall syn count for yesterday of 15

Today is another well planned (hopefully) 100% day!

B: 35g branflakes (hexb), banana & yoghurt (0.5)
L: jacket potato with cucumber, peppers, tomatoes and onion&chive cottage cheese
S: yoghurt & fruit
D: pork stir fry with oyster sauce packet thing (3 syns for 1/2 pack) and chinese egg noodles
S: ice cream sandwich and a cup of hot milk (hexa)

That's the plan!!!

Yes, that potato salad recipe makes perfect sense, thank you, Strawberry!
So the potatoes have to be freshly cooked then.

Now I'm thinking, maybe we can mix ff natural yoghurt or 0% creme-fraiche with some very low syn salad cream, and mix that with the potatoes. I haven't tried it though...

What I sometimes do is I mix spring onions and sweet paprika spice (not smoked!!) into natural low-fat cottage cheese. Let it stand for one hour, then it's a very nice dip.

I've been a good girl today, synning all my extra bread lol. But it's only 9pm...

Hope you have had a good day with that nice plan!

We all have the odd blip but you are doing so well.... 2stone lost is amazing!!

Yesterdays food diary completed!

B: 35g branflakes (hexb), banana & yoghurt (0.5)
L: jacket potato with cucumber, peppers, tomatoes and onion&chive cottage cheese
S: yoghurt & fruit
D: pork stir fry with syn free sw s&s sauce, stir fry veg and chinese egg noodles
S: 1 bag of aldi fake watsits (4.5 syns)

Total syns: 5 syns

Had huge amounts of noodles yesterday so not having many syns was probably a good idea!

Will update today's food later!

Have a lovely sw-friendly day today!!!!

Yes, Strawberry, keep looking at your stickers to get motivated! :)
You motivate me and others, as well lol.

Pork stir-fry sounds really good.

As you are also an Aldi shopper, have you noticed that they are selling some fat-free yoghurts that seem to be fake Mullerlights. Are they free, do you know? I've never seen them before.

Last edited:

Oh i know...stepped into that trap before!!! I prefer thick yoghurts so have been buying the greek style fat free ones, yum yum yum :-D

Lemon - free
Strawberry - free
Coconut & vanilla - free
Cherry - 0.5 syns
Toffee - 0.5 syns
Peach & honey - 0.5 syns
Strawberry layered - free
Peach & passion fruit layered - free
Cherry layered - 0.5 syns

I looooove aldi...obviously being german i'm quite used to it as my parents are mostly shopping at aldi and other discounters but money-wise it's a no-brainer to me anyway!

Today's food:
B: 35g bran flakes (hexb), cherry layered yoghurt (0.5 syns)
L: aldi sweet & sour chicken (4 syns), extra veg, peach & passionfruit layered yoghurt
S: 2 nectarines, 1 banana
D: bolognese (onion, mince, passata, grated courgettes), pasta, courgette spaghetti and 15g parmesan (1/2 hexa)

Total syns: 9.5 syns

Yesterday...weigh in day!
You won't believe but I actually forgot, that yesterday was Thursday...I was convinced it was Wednesday...what a dummy, lol :doh:

Well, good thing that I weigh every day anyway although I only record my weight on a Thursday...daily weighing keeps me on the straight and narrow!

Last weeks weight 14st 5lb...this week 14st 3lb...lost 2lb

Yesterday's food:

B: 35g Branflakes (hexb), cherry layered yoghurt (0.5 syns)
L: left over spaghetti bolognese, 15g parmesan (1/2 hexa)
S: 2 nectarines, peach & passionfruit layered yoghurt, banana
D: left over spaghetti Bolognese, 15g parmesan (1/2 hexa)

Total syns: 5.5
Unfortunately I had a bit of a naughty spell last night after ds had gone to bed....I ate about 10 maoam (10 syns), 3 packets of crisps (16 syns), 2 packs of mini haribo (7 syns) and the crust of hubby's pizza (god knows!!!), oops :sign0007:

Back to 100% today...will be spending the afternoon from about 3:30 in the garden getting rid of yet even more weeds, lol

I love, love, love our garden...all the frustration, anger and general moodiness just disappears!!!!

Hi Strawberry,

yaye to the 2 pound loss! well-done, you!
yesterday's naughtiness is completely forgotten :-D it never happened...

I normally do our shopping in Aldi, too. I figure it's about 35% cheaper than big supermarkets and I'm also quite thrifty. The quality is super. I guess German Aldis are cleaner, though...
Haha, I was just going to say that in the West Midlands where I live, there are quite a lot of Aldis, but had a look and noticed that you also live here? :-D Whereabouts are you? I live in Birmingham.

Thanks for the yoghurt list, I bought some coconut-vanilla ones today :)

There are some new German chocolate-hazelnut wafers in Aldi, have you seen?, they are made in Berlin, I think. They come at 7 syns, which is steep, but it's a treat sometimes (my hubby eats 3 in a row, and still skinny, aaaargh).

I don't like weighing myself, it's like an exam (that's one of the reasons why I'm doing SW at home, then my husband can weigh me and we can skip it if I want).
I laughed my head off that you forgot WI day - good job you weigh yourself every day anyway :-D

Last edited:
Well food yesterday was really good except from the chicken kebab! Oh dear...seems i'm really struggling to get back into the sw way 100%
But, i won't give up trying...this weight is coming off, no ifs or buts!!!

Silja, yes i've seen the wafers, they are called knoppers and i've always loved them even as a child. I've stayed away from buying them as i'd easily eat 3 or more, but unlike your hubby i'm not even skinny to start out with, lol

That's funny that we live so close, i only live about 30 minutes outside of brum! What a small world, lol!!

Todays food:
B: 35g bran flakes (hexb) apple and grapes
L: 3 bacon medallions, 1/2 tin of beans, 2 fried eggs, ketchup (1 syn) - no superfree, oops
D: 1 slice wm bread (4.5 syns), 3 bacon medallions, 2 eggs scrambled, ketchup (1 syn)
No superfree again - not doing very well here!!!
Hexa has been milk in 2 coffees and 1 tea today!

Really shattered tonight...had 4 hours weeding in the garden...just looked and it seems 100000000000 more weeds have appeared since i started weeding this afternoon, lol
Never Ending process i think! The only time there are no weeds is in the winter, lol

Back