Is stock still free if it's homemade?

Sneeze

Silver Member
Boyfriend made a roast chicken last night and turned the bones to a stock. He's made soup with it today (all veg - nothing with points) but it looked very oily. The chicken itself seemed quite greasy yesterday but I just wanted to make sure homemade stock is still free? I've pointed about 4points for it just to be on the safe side.

Hiya,
I just checked on the tracker and it says fresh chicken stock is free for 100ml, but 1 point for 300 which would be enough to make a great big bowl of soup.
Hope that helps
Em x

You're an absolute star chick. Thanks! I didn't even think to look on the eSource. Doh!! :giggle:

It's fast becoming my lifeline! I ork 13 hour shifts and have started getting twitchy cos I haven't tracked as I've eaten. Just writing it down till I get home makes me worry I'll forget something or seriously underpoint!
Honestly, I am turning into a WW geek!

with homemade chicken stock if you refrigerate it before you make a soup all the fat will come to the top and be scraped off so you will have virtually fat free stock, or if you are in a hurry put it in the freezer for half and hour and then scrape off . You can also start by pouring it into one of those fat and lean gravy boat things to get a lot of it off before you cool it. Vicki

Back