Is that really me in the mirror? Whats your motivation?

Snowie

I stuck to LT 2 years ago and managed to loose 6 stone - I am now back on LT after putting a putting a couple of stone back on through no fault of my own but slipping back into bad eating habits:rolleyes:

I am only on Day 3 but I am more determined than ever to get back down to a healthy weight and stay there!

What is keeping me going everyday at the moment is remembering that feeling of how fantastic I felt when I could finally fit into clothes I actually wanted to wear and liking what I saw in the mirror rather than clothes that covered my lumps and bumps!

The strangest part of being "thinner" was I couldnt get my head around the fact that I wasnt overweight anymore - I still headed for the larger sizes in clothes shops!
There is no better feeling than when you can walk into any clothes shop and you know they will have your size.

The comments are great when people start to notice your weight loss and I found I started to take a lot more care over my appearance.

I will get there again ... watch this space!:p

So I was wondering what's your motivation? ......

My story is similar to yours Snowie. I put weight back on whilst being pregnant. I lost over 5 stone in 2009, bought a new wardrobe and now can't fit in any of it!

But I will again!

I know exactly what you mean!
I have a wardrobe full of gorgeous size 10 clothes .... I will get there again!

Every item of clothing in my wardrobes and dressing room now fits! I cannot tell you how good that feels........back in the summer I had two pairs of trackie bottoms that I wore day in day out.......they had practically fallen apart and I dreaded being asked out anywhere cos I really didn't have a thing to wear. I did go and try to do some shopping but I was so disgusted to find that I needed a size 18 that I never bought anything, started LT instead :D

Life is so much easier being a size 12......

Good luck, you can do it x

i exchanged a size 18 dress for a 16 today yippee,,,i dont think ive worn a 16 size my teenage years

I find the inspiration slide show on this forum a real boost if I am struggling - So many fantastic weight losses.

i exchanged a size 18 dress for a 16 today yippee,,,i dont think ive worn a 16 size my teenage years

That's brilliant Trose! Feels good eh? No more cutting the labels out of things.......

I have to say, reading things like this makes me want to just get back onto LT like now, this second. I dont want to eat anymore I want to have shakes and I want to feel good. Oh I will see you all soon - I promise myself and everyone else that. I will be slim[mer] ;) I want to party, and leave my teenage years feeling good! x

Back