is the price different between counsellors?

CDC's are self employed and thus can charge what they want for packs/services.
Personally I charge (what was) the RRP but I gather that now there can be big differences between counsellors.
I would advise ringing a few in your local area and seeing what they charge and what you get for that before making a decision about a CDC. :)

Cambridge Head Office set a Recommended Retail Price for counsellors as a guide, however, it is just that recommended. By law they cannot tell counsellors how much they can charge for the packs as counsellors are self employed individuals not employees of the company.

A lot of counsellors, myself included, stick to the RRP others charge differently. Some deliver, some give extra counselling, some round up prices, some rent out premises so have more overheads.

The best thing to do is contact your local CDC's and see what they charge and what they offer.

I pay about £40 a week and that is cos she delivers to me. My previous CDC charged me something like £37.

Hope that helps.

i pay £49 per week, i am 5'11" so i have 4 packs per day

I pay £35.70 a week for the shakes (3 a day)
The tetra briks and bars are £1.95 each and the shakes £1.70 each with my cdc.

i pay the same regardless of if i buy tetras or bars

Mine charges 1.80 per shake, 2.00 a bar and 2.05 for the tetras.

I pay £35.70 a week for the shakes (3 a day)
The tetra briks and bars are £1.95 each and the shakes £1.70 each with my cdc.

That's also what i pay

I pay £1.70 for shakes & soups and £1.90 for bars and tetras. I can have whatever mix I want. all I have to do is email my CDC the day before. Part of the CDC agreement with CD is that they carry the complete range and CD offer a next day delivery service should they get low on stock.

I pay £1.80 each for everything (packets, bars & tetras) - I like it that way because it's easy to work out! It's great value as far as I'm concerned because I get at least an hour's counselling every time I go to get weighed/collect food.

My mix-a-mousse and water flavourings both cost £6.60 each - what do others pay for that?

1.90 for bars and tetras, £1.68 for soups shakes and porridge. I was getting ripped off with the first counsellor I saw who was charging £2 for all things.

Hi all, what is a tetra?!! xx

Tetra packs are ready made milkshakes.
They're in a little box (like kia ora, maybe) so you don't have to worry about having to make them yourself.
Handy if you're out and about, but I think they only come in 3 flavours.

Hi Lydia03,

The tetra's are the ready made shakes- they are a little more expensive than the mixing shakes but save you a lot of time in the long run!!!

I am not keen on the tetras. I have only tried the strawberry flavour but it left a funny iron after taste for some reason!

I am not keen on the tetras. I have only tried the strawberry flavour but it left a funny iron after taste for some reason!
Ditto. It tastes like a box of liquid chemicals (and the aftertaste takes AGES to wear off!). Yucky! :jelous: (But each to his own, of course.)

From the tetras I've only tried the chocolate flavour. I really liked it, but it is so small! I have a few for when I'm out and about but prefer to mix my own shakes :).

Soon2bslimmer x

Back