Is there a max amount of water?

Red77

I drink about 8 pints (or 4 litres if my maths are any good) of water throughout the day - is this ok? I wasn't sure if you could drink too much water?:confused:

The more water you drink the more weight you will lose but it has to be spread out,dont get to the end of the day and try to catch up because that can be dangerous,im on cambridge now and we are told to drink 4 litres a day. hope this helps x

i'm in such a habit now that i cant really remember! i think LT says you must have at least 2 but no more that 4.5 so you're ok hun xxx

thanks for the replies, my mum had me worried!
P.S I think the support on here is absolutley amazing and whilst I am not a regular 'poster', its so touching to read all the posts

Yep, the maximum is 4.5l, and that if you're doing exercise or use less water in your shakes, otherwise 4l is recommended?
If you drink more you run the risk of flushing essential nutrients out of your system.

Yep, the consensus is around the 4ltr mark and certainly little and often is the way to take it. Too much water is dangerous and actually can be fatal as in drinking litres of water all at once.

Back