Is this correct?

ConfusedGirl

I have heard that if you do not use up all of your HE allowance, what you have had, counts as a syn? Is this correct? For example: If i chose to use 6 extra light laughin cow triangles as one of my HEA's but only managed to get through 4 of them would they become syns? :eek:

I have been doing this not realising :cry:

Technically that's correct yes...

But you'll probably find not everyone does always do that!

In theory, it's to make sure that you get your full allowance of HE and thus all the benefits that they're built into the diet for. If you regularly cut the portions short, you're not getting all the calcium, fibre or whatever.

I quite often halve up my HEs...so if I have 3 laughing cow extra lights, I'll make the other half a HE-A up with milk or half a HE-A of cheese on my pasta, for example.

Thank you Hellie, thats good advice that I didn't know about, many thanks.

I do halves on my HEAs too.

You just have to make sure it's the correct amounts.

Like today, I've had one alpen light bar but 3 slices of hovis wholemeal to total my 2 HE-Bs. But if it's milk or something you weigh, then guessing can be a bit dangerous.

Yup hun, thats correct, but maybe splitting them up is what you need to do to avoid some un-intentional over eating synage..

Write if off, if it makes you feel any better my first FOUR weeks of slimmingworld, i missheard a woman for 'mullerlight' for 'mullerrice' and would send joe out twice a day for them as i was convinced they'd make me shift the weight as everyone else was raving about them :O They all come in at 10.5-11.5 syns .. and i was eating almost 5 a day! and i was still shifting weight (un-suprisingly more so once i realised my huge error in judgement- also kept that one to myself! LOL)

*hugs* i think you'l be fine, atleast you know now!!!

xxxxx

Really? I am doing SW for a while now but never heard of that? :eek:
B. x

Aww bless you fern, that story made me laugh hehe :)

Ooh thankyou Hellie i didn't know you could do that, that's great as i sometimes like to have a lot of milk so could use 3 triangles and then the rest as milk, (125ml that would be?) Ooh thats realy cheered me up :D:D

Haha, yeah.. i thought that would amuse you...

im sure you could imagine my face when i was in class a month later and someone said they like muller rices as a treat.. i was like.. strange woman.. id eat somthing not free as a treat!! LOL

i never told the OH.. he'd go crazy. Anyone would have thought at the time i was heavily pregnant with odd cravings the way he was rushing out to keep up with my over consuming of muller-rices haha

of corse being so saintly, you cannot tell anyone about this! i never do anything wrong!!! :p haha xxx

Haha aww it must have been disappointing not being able to eat them any more, but hey atleast you got loads of them in before you had to give them up hehe :) And you've do so well with your weight loss!!

I'm terrible with yogurts, i eat them all the time!! I went to asda today and decided i would try those asda light ones, got home and ate one and then i thought i'd double check in the book to see if they were def free and i read the wrong one and thought OMG theyre not free and ive just been eating them and ive bought loads!! haha!! but i checked online and turns out they were, phew haha!! So ofcourse i had to have another one! lol.

btw you wouldn't happen to know how many syns are in 50ml semi skimmed milk would you? :) Im about to have some home made rice pudding and its gone a bit....dryish lol. so i wanna add some milk lol.

Im afraid i dont know how much 50ml of milk is in syns.. i dont know how to work that one out! use your flexi syns and maybe guess if someone cant help you in time? LOL *slaps on wrist* not the best advise to give haha

actually, shockingly enuf, i HATE muller-rice, and can only just about tolerate the blueberry one.. i just realy wanted to lose weight haha x

Haha well it says its 13 syns for 568ml so ill have to go get my calculator lol. Or guess hehe :p

Aww bless you lol, ooh i love muller rice!! Never had a blueberry one though!

I have one of HEAs split - I use skimmed milk so on one HEA I have 210ml Skim Milk & 2 Laughing Cow Triangles - especially as since on a Red day normally I cannot choose cheese for a HEB

Jill

I really want to clear this up for you all. No it isn't correct. Healthy extras are there as a recommendation for you to ensure you get a balanced diet, if you don't have them all it doesn't affect your weight loss one little bit. And if you don't manage to get through your daily allowance, be it milk, cheese, bread whatever it absolutely does not count as syns.

This is a misconception that has been going around for years, I'm a consultant myself and was concerned that this advice was going around and so we checked with head office but no, if you only have half or any amount of your healthy extra it doesn't turn into syns. It only becomes synable if you go over the daily allowance.

^ oh that is good to know, some times I force more dairy in and that makes me feel better.

I really want to clear this up for you all. No it isn't correct. Healthy extras are there as a recommendation for you to ensure you get a balanced diet, if you don't have them all it doesn't affect your weight loss one little bit. And if you don't manage to get through your daily allowance, be it milk, cheese, bread whatever it absolutely does not count as syns.

This is a misconception that has been going around for years, I'm a consultant myself and was concerned that this advice was going around and so we checked with head office but no, if you only have half or any amount of your healthy extra it doesn't turn into syns. It only becomes synable if you go over the daily allowance.

Hmmm interesting...my consultant says to count as syns if we don't have the full healthy extra.
I know to cut them back or out altogether may not affect weight loss but I feel its best to have them for the health benefits, hence the name HEALTHY extras!!! ;)
If you have trouble eating them, then I would suggest trying to have them early on in the day before you get filled up on free foods and syns.

Personally, I can't wait to get to goal so I can have more!!!

Back