Is this doable?

I personally couldnt do a low calorie/VLCD/ meal replacement diet, id be bloody starving!
Slimming wolrd is FAB,
Originally there was the RED day and GREEN day.
RED day meant you could eat unlimited amounts of lean meat and fish and fuit and veggies, but had to weigh pasta, potatoes, beans and pulses etc and use them as a HEB choice.

On a GREEN day you can eat unlimited pasta, potatoes, rice, pulses and beans, but can only have a weighed amount of lean meat or fish.

On these plans you could have 2 HEA choices ( milk and cheese) and 2 HEB choices ( cereal, breads, fibre things and can also use it for pasta on a red or meat on a green)

so for example if you made a lean meat spag bol sauce, on a GREEN day you could have lots of spaghetti and only a weighed amount of meat sauce. or on RED day as much meat sauce but only a weighed amount of pasta.

Extra easy allows you to eat meat and crbs on the same day, BUT you must have 1/3 superfree.

AviX - I think you have had some really sensible posts. I agree with the above that although your target MAY be possible, it is unlikely. You are much better off to set yourself an achievable, realistic target (see above -rather than setting yourself up to fail, which will add to your feelings of guilt/lack of self confidence). Anything more than that is a bonus. I totally agree with larara above that even losing some of your weight will make you feel much better about yourself (see my stats - I am ecstatic about it !).

I also have some concerns about overdoing it with either a very low calorie diet and loads of exercise or a non-food diet. Why not start this with a view to this being the beginning of your new life. That way, whatever you do can be sustainable and in a few months time you will feel fabulous AND be able to continue the loss/maintain rather than yo-yoing (as most of us here have done at some stage). However, by all means exercise - it will add to your feelings of confidence as well as boosting your weight loss.

I have never done slimming world until recently and I love it. It allows me to eat some of the foods that I love but that are restricted on other diets but with a little bit of what I want (eg chocolate etc) in moderation. It is sensible and healthy and I feel positive that in the right frame of mind, I can stick to it 'forever'. At the end of the day, that is the only way that I will be able to lose weight and keep it off. If you want to know more about it, try the FAQ's in the Slimming World section or on the Slimming World website. You can either go to class (which I think may be about £5 per week) or do it online as I am which is about the same.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Gail x

Hi AviX. I've tried to lose weight before and have had a go at WW, SW and one of the VLCDs. This time I decided to calorie count, eat healthily and have a change of lifestyle, rather than diet as I want to make sure I keep the weight off. I have just taken it a half stone at a time. If you restrict your calorie intake too much, you probably won't stick to it and will feel dreadful. I'm sure your boyfriend wants you to be healthy more than he wants you to be thin. Good luck with your journey.

Thankyou to the last two posts, They were great. I have decided that I will just try lose as much as possible sensibly. I won't kill myself with overdoing it. I am going to go to the gym as often as possible, but since I have started it...My appetite has increased...so just trying to avoid bad foods. I don't want to be slipping every couple days and if I deprive myself too much I will..eeeek.

Thanks so much!

Back