Is this expensive or am I just a tight-arse??

Lucky7

Lucky7
Wow! It is beautiful! It is shown with a petticoat, but does not come with one so could work out expensive - but I am assuming you have petticoats anyway. Lots.

I think you need to buy it. Or get your sewing machine out and save a few bob.

It's lovely! Personally, I think £50 is a bit expensive for what is (presumably) a cotton, unlined dress - but I guess it depends how much you like it!

I suggest that you google the brand name and find out what other people are selling these dresses for. Just because it is on ebay doesn't mean that it will be cheapest there.

Sometimes all that matters is the cost-per-wear (as long as you have the money in the bank!) Do you love it and would you wear the hell out of it?

Oooh very pretty dress, I like it alot. I do think it is very expensive for a Hell Bunny dress though, I usually only pay about £30-35 for them. Have you tried Attitude clothing or egg and chips clothing? They usually have a lot of Hell Bunny stuff and are often quite a bit cheaper than ebay.

It is fabulous............buy it. Blow the price . 50 squids is nowt to feel as good as that dress would make you feel.

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT !!!!

10 squids difference is nothing,just think of all the things you have wasted 10 squids on. It is 2 bottles of decentish wine and once that is drunk you have nothing to show for your money.

BUY IT . That is an order from an old lady, so that makes it ok. and a must. You can not hurt a pensioner lol !!!

Last edited:
I once spent...wait for it...£180.00 for a beautiful dress and little matching cardi from Phase Eight when I had originally got down to my all time lowest weight. It was for a wedding, but as I'm not used to spending money "just like that" I kept the tags in right up until I had to get changed, just in case i changed my mind. I've only worn that darn dress once...for that wedding and it probably wouldn't go past my knees now :( If you like it and you'll wear it again and it will make you feel good then BUY It & enjoy it! (It may even be a great incentive to stay on track!) Good luck! :)

I once spent...wait for it...£180.00 for a beautiful dress and little matching cardi from Phase Eight when I had originally got down to my all time lowest weight. It was for a wedding, but as I'm not used to spending money "just like that" I kept the tags in right up until I had to get changed, just in case i changed my mind. I've only worn that darn dress once...for that wedding and it probably wouldn't go past my knees now :( If you like it and you'll wear it again and it will make you feel good then BUY It & enjoy it! (It may even be a great incentive to stay on track!) Good luck! :)

Good for you, life is about the occasional indulgence if you can do it.

You would not believe how much I have spent on clothes in my richer days.

A Viviene Westwood at £600 in the sales..........I loved it and never begrudged what I spent and have spent £200 on a t shirt..............shocking !!! A Frank Usher evening outfit at £800..........what a baddy I was but my life then fitted in with it.

It was bl00dy great an I wish I could do it now !!!!

Oh I do love that dress!!! I'm not familiar with the brand but if you know that they are good quality then I'd say go for it.

Good for you, life is about the occasional indulgence if you can do it.

You would not believe how much I have spent on clothes in my richer days.

A Viviene Westwood at £600 in the sales..........I loved it and never begrudged what I spent and have spent £200 on a t shirt..............shocking !!! A Frank Usher evening outfit at £800..........what a baddy I was but my life then fitted in with it.

It was bl00dy great an I wish I could do it now !!!!

I'm thinking of getting it out the wardrobe and using it as a guide to my weight loss...Take a photo of it suffocating my ankles, then my knees, etc, etc until one day...HOORAY!!!! It fits!!!! Well, I can wish can't I?!! Well done on your weight loss! :)

Back