Is this gonna effect weight loss

lee007

hi guys,
i've just started l/t and i've got a question.
During a rugby game at the weekend a scrum collapsed with me at the bottom of it and about another 7 guys on top of me. as a result of this i dislocated my shoulder, pulled a muscle in my back and hurt my ribs. because of this i dont think ill be able to go to work for a week or so and will be practically bed ridden. will this effect my weight loss as i wont be being very active, and if so should i change my intake? for example only have half a shake etc?. I know this may seem like a silly question but i dont want the pharmicist to think i have been cheating if i dont lose anything.

thanks guys
lee

Hi, to be honest Lee, I think you should concentrate on getting better again, explain to your pharamcist and I am sure they will understand!

Take things easy and get loads of rest!

Have to say I am jealous.................... surrounded by all them rugby men, muscles and all .......................!!! lol!

its really important to have all your shakes if you dont its more likely to reduce your weight loss as your body will be starved of essential nutrients and hang onto the fat, iv been slack for a couple of weeks on the excercise front and have still had good losses

thanks for the adviced guys i'll bear it in mind.

Have to say I am jealous.................... surrounded by all them rugby men, muscles and all .......................!!! lol!

lol it doesnt really do it for me laura, if it was an all girl team though then that would be a different thing allllllll together lol x

Shouldn't make a difference - lots of people don't do any exercise particularly during their first weeks and still get a great loss. Plus the calorie deficit is huge - as a bloke you need approximately 2000 calories just to "be" so you will still be burning up lots of lovely fat stores.

Get well soon

Carol x

Hope you feel better soon, on a vlcd it's designed that you lose anyway so don't worry about the exercise, just focus on getting yourself better again! x

thanks carol & hanloje thats just what i needed to hear x

i was told to do little or no exercise in first weeks as the weight loss will be big anyway

You'll still lose mate. Don't have less shakes. Stick to your shakes and the fat will still melt off. I hope you're better soon.

Sounds painful but I'm with Laura, under a pile of rugby players sounds good to me!!!!

It worries me that my son plays second row coz that scrum looks pretty rough! Hubbie always played at the back - a bit of a girlie the scrum half always said!!!!!

Hope your team won after all that!

x

I was under the impression that you're not meant to exercise strenuously because if you do, your metabolism will slow down because your body is on such a low calorie intake and needs all the energy it's being fed just to exist.

Or is that not correct?

If it's right, have a week in bed and make the most of it!

Sounds painful but I'm with Laura, under a pile of rugby players sounds good to me!!!!

It worries me that my son plays second row coz that scrum looks pretty rough! Hubbie always played at the back - a bit of a girlie the scrum half always said!!!!!

Hope your team won after all that!

x

lol that made me chuckle. it was only a pre season friendly game between 2 of our own teams. us younger ones played the old timers, we won even though the oldies played dirty lol. its cool your son plays 2nd row after all if your gonna play rugby you need to be in the forwards otherwise it just aint rugby lol. every year i keep saying that im never gonna play front row (prop) again as its not very comfortable for me (being over 6 foot 4) but when ive played anywhere else its just not rough enough and i get bored.

thanks for the advice x

Back