Is this my last chance

Hi all.
I was told about this forum by a friend....I have been on a 'diet' for the last 15 years and after a 2 week holiday i'm at my biggest ever:cry:

I need to do something but not sure what... I have been on ww and sw, I've tried legal and illegal diet pills, I've stupidly tried starving myself and even more stupidly vomiting.
I feel like it's never ending and have driven a wedge between me and my partner, he is fed up and likes me the way i am, but I cant be happy when i'm this big.
I am about to start a life changing period and feel I wont be able to succeed with the constant worry/panic about my weight.

I think i'm here to meet others like me and to hopefully decide which path to take.
:wave_cry:

Good morning my love. I'm glad you joined there's always lots of info and support on here and its not all about diets either. You know i think your gorgeous anyway chick and so does your family. I think its how you feel that matters and i hope you find the support to find that here xx

Hi and welcome. What type of diet would suit you? Do you want a Very Low Calorie Diet or go to a slimming club?

Irene xx

Thanks... and to be honest, I have no idea, I'm at my Witt's end with what to try next, I was tempted by the Cambridge diet but the £££ is putting me off. I've had to give up work as I start Uni in a few weeks.
I am also wondering whether to try ww again and stick to the ww food only.
I know I have to do something just not sure what.

Hello & welcome! You have come to the right place as you are now amongst friends! I know just how you feel - it is horrible having low self esteem and constantly worrying about being overweight. I've tried all sorts of diets in the past, SW, WW & Cambridge. But I find calorie counting suits me the best. Once you decide which diet will be right for you, why don't you take part in some of the weight loss challenges on here? They are great for keeping you motivated. Remember - we are all in the same boat. Good luck

Hello & welcome! You have come to the right place as you are now amongst friends! I know just how you feel - it is horrible having low self esteem and constantly worrying about being overweight. I've tried all sorts of diets in the past, SW, WW & Cambridge. But I find calorie counting suits me the best. Once you decide which diet will be right for you, why don't you take part in some of the weight loss challenges on here? They are great for keeping you motivated. Remember - we are all in the same boat. Good luck

Thanks Meltdown....
I was wondering about calorie counting, but how do you decide on how many calories to have? I was thinking of getting a book tomorrow and just having a read.
So many diets to try, did you not like the CD?

Hi and Welcome , it may help you to read through lots of posts and success stories and Im sure something will strike a cord with you personally and you will know which diet to try . good luck xx

Tubbymummy, what a lovely cute nickname, you mentioned £££s so I would suggest the WW meals would eat up the £££s and you could do just as well, IMO, just going on an healthy diet, fat free and calorie counting and visiting this Forum OFTEN ;)

This site Calorie Database can help you with counting calories and fat content, type in fat and you will see what I mean. Take up a new hobby like mine, read the labels on all foods and if you look at most of the Supermarkets food labelling is terrific for this, in fact Asda's has a Traffic light type labelling and it is terrific.

Don't please look at this as being on a diet rather than the beginning of the start of a really health changing way of eating, n maybe get your hubby to back you by doing the same, it can't harm can it ;)

To true re the ww meals..... My mum has lost over 5 stone on Diet Chef and after lots of tears from me she has offered me the meals/shakes she no longer uses. She has been calorie counting in the last few weeks so doesn't need them.
Until I see her I'll try stick to around 1200 cals a day.
I did the BMR test and it came back with a BMR of 1748.65.
Do you think 1200 sounds about right?

Thanks for your help, starting to see a tiny bit of light x

U sound so sad ,Im glad as well u have joined us we are all here for the same thing support and u sure get it here great bunch of people on here thanks again for joining up and becomeing one of our friends xx

IMO anything between 1200 n 1500, any lower I think would give you problems in sticking to it. One of the best tips I have found on this Forum is to stop eating processed bread and change to Pitta bread. They are lovely, I use the wholemeal one, but either one is better for you than the processed rubbish, my doc is so against it!

I dont eat much bread tbh so pitta suits :)
Thanks again for your help x

Back