Is this normal - ear syringing

big bear

A bear on a mission!
I had both my ears syringed, my right ear has perfect hearing. My left ear still feels 'blocked' & is extremely itchy.

The nurse checked both & said they were all clear.

I've still got a cough & sore throat could it just be that still?

Anyone experience this? X

I have had only one experience with syringing and found it horrible- as you described with the itching. I was expecting my ear to feel clear afterwards but instead it felt more blocked and uncomfortable. Gp said it was fine and to give it a couple of days- he thought the syringing had disturbed a slight abrasion that i'd caused myself previously. Feeling your pain BB :(

i had to have a suction thing down mine at the hospital cos i kept getting ear infections, mine still felt blocked after that but i didnt get another ear infection and doc said it was fine, so maybe its normal.

I've had mine done twice. The first time was around three years ago and ever since, my left ear has "clicked". Not in a way that anyone else can hear, but it clicks randomly in my head... it's not unpleasant, just a bit strange, but I'm used to it now. Obviously I told the doc about it and there's nothing wrong with my ear so I don't know what it is exactly. :S

Back