Green Days Is this right?

Laney

Just realised I have posted this in the wrong place?
Hi all

It's official from the nurse last week, I am obese! Now that I have to terms with being called this for the first (and hopefully last) time I now intend to do something about it and have decided on SW.
My doctors can provide this for me for free although due to popular demand they are waiting on the vouchers to be able to get me started so I have started myself today.
Have I done this right for a 'Green' Day?
Milk (HE)
Porridge (HE)
Jacket Potato with baked beans
Mullerlight Yoghurt
Omlette (2 eggs, 28g cheese, 1 slice ham) SW chips & beans
Mullerlight yoghurt
2 plums

Have I gone too mad on the yoghurts? They were all I had until I go shopping tomorrow?

Looking forward to doing this diet.

Elaine

I'm assuming the 28g of cheese on your omelette is your other Hex A?

You would probably need to syn the ham (about 1.5?), and have another Hex B. You could count the ham as the Hex B, if there was enough of it, but I wouldn't have thought one slice would be enough. You'd need to chuck a few more syns in as well, SW recommend 5-15 a day.

Otherwise, looks good, as long as you feel full on it?

Thanks Laura

I do feel quite full and my friend told me to use as little syns as possible, do you think I should use more? How many roughly? I haven't been to a class yet so am a little unsure how many I should be using.

:confused:

Yeah you would (probably) need to syn the ham - it's 1.5 syns according to site. You may be able to have it as a Healthy Extra, but I mainly do Red and EE so I'm not au fait enough with the green plan to know.

You get 15 syns per day, and you should really use as much of these as possible.

Also, there's no superfree in there. I know the Green plan doesn't have the same SF requirements that EE has, but you really should include some in :D

Good luck!

Thanks Laura

I do feel quite full and my friend told me to use as little syns as possible, do you think I should use more? How many roughly? I haven't been to a class yet so am a little unsure how many I should be using.

:confused:

You should use at least five a day, as your body needs some fats to work properly, and it'll stop you feeling deprived. If you do a search there's lots of threads discussing syn use, and the reasons for them being an important part of the plan.

To be honest, as you're just starting out, I'd use as many out of the 15 a day as possible! You can cut down later if your losses plateau, but you may as well make the most of them now!

The difference between 5 and 15 syns is only 200 calories so no point is going for less syns as it won't help enough to be worth depriving yourself. Enjoy :)

Back