Total Solution Is this similiar to lipotrim?

stef2009

Gold Member
Hi all! Let me introduce myself...

Ive been on minimims for a few years now trying all diff diets including lipotrim, ww, sw, cc and slimfast.

I had great success with lipotrim, I only had shakes, did it for 8 weeks, came off it to celebrate my 21st birthday and couldnt get back into no matter how much i tried!

I lost 2 stone but even though i maintained, and ate all the correct things i put it all back on plus more!

I have tried the other above diets but things seem to come to a stand still after 2-3 months.

I think its time to try a vlcd diet again as i'm desperate to get some of this weight off!

I was wondering if exante is similar to limpotrim?
I'm so scared of paying for it, doing it, then putting it back on with no fault of my own (like lipotrim)

Also i dont drink tea,coffee or fizzy drinks, am i ok to have robinsons sugar free juice in my water?

Any info would be great...
Thinking of jumping right in and getting a months worth on the website that has 50% off!

many thanks

Stef x

One of the problems when you lose weight on a VLCD is that when you go back to eating you have to be soo careful and remember your not the person you were before you started so having lost lots of weight you will now need far far less calories to maintain your weight than you did when you were over weight. I think all VLCD's are the same, they'll all give you results but then its down to us to keep it off. I'm worried about regaining but I'm making a plan in my head now, about the exercise I'll do and how I will have to learn about new portion sizes for my new body.

In terms of juice check the what you can drink thread, I'm not 100% sure about it, I only know it can't contain Lactic acid or citric acid...mallic acid is ok. Also no sugar only sweetners.

I've done every diet in the book and doing this is so going against the grain for what I believe in but I had to do something. Abstaining from food for me isnt just about losing weight, its also about trying to repair my relationship with food so that when I do eat again I can control it rather than it being in control of me. Good luck in whatever u decide.xx

Hi, i did lipotrim a couple of years back and managed 8 weeks and lost 28lbs... and like you i have put it all back on again... i started on exante exactly a week ago and lost 8.5lbs so far, so yes its just like lipotrim except the soups, shakes and bars are much nicer and its cheaper. You just got to have your head in the right place for the diet to work for you.. good luck x

Thanks hun, i had a quick scan but couldnt see any sign of it, will have a good look tonight when kiddies in bed!

I constantly tell myself doing it the 'healthy eating way' is the way forward but it just isnt working for me and im getting so fed up now ;(

I'm doing ok on slimfast but i feel it isnt strict enough im cheating too much as its so easy to do!

Maybe the weight gain after lipotrim was my fault and i convinced myself it wasnt!!

xxx

Hey claz, so it wasnt just me then...

Good to hear the shakes etc are nicer, i could stand the lipotrim ones so these should be fine for me :)

I'm so in the right place now, im so fed up i'll do anything, my only problem is the drinking part, i am so fussy and will only have robinsons sugar free (sounds strange i know) So i need to find out if this is ok, if so looks like its all systems go!!! xxx

Hi all! Let me introduce myself...
I lost 2 stone but even though i maintained, and ate all the correct things i put it all back on plus more!

Also i dont drink tea,coffee or fizzy drinks, am i ok to have robinsons sugar free juice in my water?
many thanks

Stef x

Have you tried speaking to your gp to see a nutritionalist (Yes, I know the appointments are like gold dust but if you don't ask) because you could be overeating only a tiny bit and it'll scupper you.

My BMR says I need to eat about 2200cals to maintain my current weight, active (I'm not very active) but at 12 stone I'll need UNDER 1500cals, and I'm 5,9! I thought I'd need more than that.

I need to retrain my head to eat half less now and a 3rd less forever. You can eat a totally health diet but if it only takes 1 extra cal to start gaining again, gosh that's hard work!

As for sugar free drinks, I read that both Lipotrim and Exante work but putting your body in full/mild ketosis so anything with carbs in it will bring you out and slow weight loss. Does the web site not say?

Keep Minimins informed so you get support whatever you decide to try, all the best :)

Like others have said Exante is very similar to Lipotrim. As with any VLCD you need to alter your relationship with food and break all the habits you had that contributed to your original weight gain. Once the weight has gone you would need to re-feed by slowly adding food, dropping one shake at a time and adjusting portion size etc.

I have been doing Exante on and off for a while and I have found that it can be done quite cheaply by buying the bulk packs.

It would be worth checking out the stickies, they are full of advice and info that will help you on your way.

As for the juice, I wouldn't imagine that you could have that but its worth checking the ingredients as you can have drinks with malic acid in and no sugar, citric acid etc (there is a safe drinks list as a sticky) Exante sell water flavourings so might be worth a try!

Good luck :)

ETA: Just had a quick look at the robinsons in my cupboard and it contains citric acid which is a no no i'm afraid.

I hate that word, fault, don't think of it like that because its horrid, take ownership of it and move onwards and upwards or downwards as the case may belol!! Its really hard to get it right all of the time, none of us do!! I'm guilty of regaining which is why its taken me so long to get to where I am as I've been up and down and found every excuse to go back to eating as I want to. Which is why I'm so glad of this right now, I need time away from food to figure it all out and once I have maybe it will be easier.xxx

Bluecatlady thats like me, it is a shock to see what ur supposed to eat at the end of it all, I've gotten used to eating half of what I was 3 years ago but blimey, halving it again is a scary thought.

Bringing exercise into ur life is a good thing too becoz u cant b perfect all the time and with exercise u can eat the odd naughty and get rid of some extra cals.xx

Bluecatlady thats like me, it is a shock to see what ur supposed to eat at the end of it all, I've gotten used to eating half of what I was 3 years ago but blimey, halving it again is a scary thought.

Bringing exercise into ur life is a good thing too becoz u cant b perfect all the time and with exercise u can eat the odd naughty and get rid of some extra cals.xx

It just seems out bodies need soo little to function on and we are so used to eating for any reason other than hunger, I know I do. It tastes good, it's a birthday (lets have a ton of cake), it's Friday... and I've read a number of posts on minimins where the members have said they were having a celebratory takeaway for losing weight week one of a new diet and everyone jumped in saying noooooo, don't do it, lol

Food should be fule and I know this but I'm having trouble teaching myself to see and follow this fact.

And exercise sucks for me but when I burn off those 300-500cals, an extra piece of bread at 54cals does not seem so detramental..

It's just really hard oeverall but if it were easy we wouldn't be here..

could it be that the reason you gained it all back whilst eating healthily be due to the fact that you are one of those people who have those massive first week losses of over a stone or so and then smaller losses over the next few weeks and so when you did go back to eating you regained most of your first week loss which would have been your glycogen stores refilling giving you the impression you had regained a ton of weight when in reality you hadn't lost as much as you thought originally if that makes sense.

Whatever I lose on my first week I usually just add on to my goal weight so for example my ideal goal weight is 9st 7lbs but I am actually aiming for 9st exactly so that when I do start maintenance hopefully after my stores have refilled I will settle around the 9st 7lb mark as long as I am eating the right amount to stabilize my weight

Thanks ladies. if im honest i dont know where i'm going wrong.

A few years ago i had really bad eating habits and thats why i put the weight on (started when i was pregnant) but i changed my ways about a year ago..

I eat salads, jacket potatoes and lean meat, yogurt for breakfast, jelly for snacks, have the odd crisp and chocolate (thats what i cheated with on slimfast), no fizzy pop, loads of veg and fruit...

It honestly feels like if i do have that slice of pizza or that mcdonalds cheese burger i put a 1lb on that week!?

I just feel in abit of a rut to be honest, been eating healthy and getting nowhere, going on the wii every day for 30 mins..

So i guess its back to vlcd!

I have my birthday at the end of the month, i will be going out for my tea twice...

Am i better waiting for my birthday to pass? Or can i start now and still have the meals?

Also water flavouring sounds fine :)

xx

Thanks, i wil get the flavourings.

I suffered serious hair loss on lipotrim and i still lose alot of hair now, would it be advisable to do a vlcd with hair loss already? Or is this not that big of a deal..

Also what is aam?? Thanks x

Hi Stef, all vlcd are effectively the same in essence they're all a form of extreme starvation. I was on the cambridge and like you have added more than i lost! i feel that's more down to how the these diets affects our metabolism then anything else. All the best with your start

I noticed a few posts back it was said that the Exante products are like Lipotrim but nicer. Well on Lipotrim I managed half of one soup (which made me sick) and a third of one shake which also made my physically sick.

I found the actual taste to be ok but the texture and the heavyness was beyond my systens ability to handle.

Having read all the nutritional info it seems Exante is about 200cals higher and higher in fat and about 15g more carbs a day, but how is the taste?

Does a person have to get used to drinking these protein powder like products or are the Exante ones lighter and more manageable? Any hints greatefully recieved as for ovbious reasons I can't follow a diet where every meal make me Physically sick...

I think the problem is everyone has different experiences of it and different tastes so the only way your going to know for sure is by trying it.

I have found the shakes and soups heavy but after some great advice I am now splitting them into two servings. However I have heard from others that say they find them no more filling than a coffee, so its a bit hard to give advice on this subject as it tends to differ for each individual.xx

I think the problem is everyone has different experiences of it and different tastes so the only way your going to know for sure is by trying it.

I have found the shakes and soups heavy but after some great advice I am now splitting them into two servings. However I have heard from others that say they find them no more filling than a coffee, so its a bit hard to give advice on this subject as it tends to differ for each individual.xx

Good idea dolly_daydream to try them,
I actually brought the mixed pack of Exante products before I went out and brought my weeks Lipotrim (which is now siting in a box looking for a good home elsewhere!!) had the toffee nut and raisen bar for breckfast today and really liked it. I could stomach one of those a day for six months much easier than the Lipotrim version, which I know everyone hates but I really liked, but you can't have more than one a day..

As per your advice to try them I think I'll slip a Exante product every other day into my Slimmers World diet (as they come in very syn heavy lol) for the next week and find out from the mixed started pack what I can handle. I'm just really disappointed there was no try it option before I shelled out £36 on Lipotrim which is now realistically bin food...sigh.

Back