Is this the right or wrong thing to do?

izzie1

I now started my 3rd week yesterday, and decided to have 2 shakes and a low carb, low cal meal. This is because I have my daughters christening on Sunday and we are having a lunch out afterwards. Thought on Sunday I would then have shake for breakfast and evening meal, and low cal, low carb meal for lunch while out with family.
I was then planning to go right onto the tfr on the Monday.
Well had a tuna salad last night, and really did not enjoy it that much, and did not eat all of it. After only 2 weeks I did not expect this, and would have actually preferred my shake!
Sorry for going on and on here, and hope you understand! Am I doing the right thing this week? x

Oh and my reason for doing this was to get me used to eating for the meal out at weekend!
Chemists I go to are pretty useless, and did not offer much support or advice either way!

i would stick to your 3 shakes as normal then have a carb free meal at the christining,if you eat all week you are likely to come out of ketosis and its hard to get back in ,im on day 2 for the 3rd time and its getting harder each time ,this is only my opinion though im sure others will have something to add xx

Thanks lillie, think I will just have a shake then tonight.
Just been for a pee on my stick and showed up pink so still in ketosis! x

There are some old posts on here about what foods you can eat (if you must) and keep you in ketosis. On the refeed menu plan I didnt come out of ketosis until mid day5, it was combo of bread and potatoe that knocked me out so if you could avoid them at the christening you might not do too much damage.

i would stick to your 3 shakes as normal then have a carb free meal at the christining,if you eat all week you are likely to come out of ketosis and its hard to get back in ,im on day 2 for the 3rd time and its getting harder each time ,this is only my opinion though im sure others will have something to add xx
I am with lillie here.... definately harder starting again xxx

Good luck - I have a wedding on Saturday and have the same problem but not going to eat anything until then and will just have a bit of the chicken without anything on it and a few vegetables (No potatoes etc). I don't want to do it but and if I can get away with pushing things round on my plate and avoiding it I will and then pop upstairs to the room and have my shake.

Going to a business lunch tomorrow where I am not going to eat so will practise not eating just pushing food around my plate and see how I get on.

Gerry check out your veg carb levels too as some have hidden carbs x

Thanks nic If I do feel I have to eat it really is going to be the minimum I can get away with and will only have 2 shakes that day - fingers crossed that it is ok - will probably bring the ketostix an dwill be checking every time I have a wee.

prob wont show until the next morning tbh.... good luck and be careful x

Thanks everyone, I ended up having some qourn and salad - sooo full!
Going to go back on all shakes though tom.
Good luck Gerry with it! I am dreading this weekend also, only Mum and hubby know I am on LT.
Scared to get the taste of food, and go mad, and not get back on then on Monday!
Mad to say I am enjoying my shakes too much, and dont want to get out of that zone! xx

Back