Is this the right place? quick question.

Bluepaws

Hi there. I'm very sorry if this is in the wrong place, I'm a newbie.:wavey: (hope i'm forgiven) It's just taken me 10 minutes to find the ' post new thread' button!:rotflmao:

Anyway, a quick question...

I'm on CD and SS'ing.. and it's going well...

I was just wondering, when your body goes into ketosis and starts getting rid of the yucky fat does it also reduce muscle mass? I'm desperate to lose my 'rugby legs' as well as all the extra weight i'm carrying. I know that my legs will slim down a little with the weight loss but I've always had big calve muscles and want rid so I can wear nice skirts when I slim. I haven't worn a skirt since early teens!

Does anybody know?

You're in the right place!!!! welcome Bluepaws!!

as for the muscle mass - nooooooo, not any more than any other diet anyway. I've got the uber calves too and I am doomed to forever have trouble with knee high boots!!

sooooooooorrrrrrrry!!

Yes youre in the right place well done.

Im sure that you do lose muscle fat on the diet, but I dont know if it will get rid of your big calves. I have the same problem, mine have gone smaller but not by huge amounts.

However my thighs have defo gone smaller. Ive also booked a course of Physic Slim which is like slender tone and have had 6 treatments on the top of my legs and tummy and both have defo reduced.

Good luck with the diet

:wavey: Hello Bluepaws,

I am glad not to be the only one on the planet with, calfs to rival the Incredible Hulk!:giggle:

Even at my slimmest I could never find a pair of knee high boots to fit round my chunkum blunkums! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I hope they shrink too! Actually mine have a little already, because I have a pair of knee high boot that are made of wool so they kind of stretch round the legs of lasses like us! But know that my legs have shrunk a bit I can't wear them because they keep slipping down my legs, and then of course you have the very sexy Nora Batty look going on! :rotflmao:

Here's to hoping for thinner pins all round!!!

Hi there. I'm very sorry if this is in the wrong place, I'm a newbie.:wavey: (hope i'm forgiven) It's just taken me 10 minutes to find the ' post new thread' button!:rotflmao:

Anyway, a quick question...

I'm on CD and SS'ing.. and it's going well...

I was just wondering, when your body goes into ketosis and starts getting rid of the yucky fat does it also reduce muscle mass? I'm desperate to lose my 'rugby legs' as well as all the extra weight i'm carrying. I know that my legs will slim down a little with the weight loss but I've always had big calve muscles and want rid so I can wear nice skirts when I slim. I haven't worn a skirt since early teens!

Does anybody know?

Hi BP,

Hopefully you're now familiar with the function of the board.:D

Anyway, possibly part of the reason (?) may be, you have big calves is because your muscles has had to develop that way to compensate to the weight your body is/was carrying? I have HUGE upper thighs and am hoping that once I'm not carrying my huge load my body won't have a need to big thunder thighs like mine to help carry my weight.

I hope that made sense.

C-Cx

Makes great reading cah ching, my muscle has deffo slimmed down, and not due to SS, I was carrying loads of weight about and Im deffo in proportion more now.

Hope all your legs slim x

I'm new too!

Hi,

I am new as well, I have been doing cambridge for 2 days now, surprisingly it isnt that bad yet! think it is the novelty, I havent really been hungry or tired yet! :) I am getting married August 2008 and need to loose too much to mention! I really hope I can do this!

Back