Is water really the key?

sal210707

I am told the more water you drink the more weight you lose??? Is this right? And if so why? i am going to stick to just the meal replacements for the next few days as i have been having meal in the evenings... is it ok to sometimes have a meal and sometimes not? Sorry about all the questions...i'm new to this!!!:p

Its true that drinking water is vitally important. On a total food replacement diet you are not having any water in food and so a target of 3 litres is to make sure you get what you need. Does it make a difference? In my experience yes, not enough water I feel rough, weary and get constipated. Don't overdo it though. And you do get used to it after a while. In fact if you don't drink enough fluid you will not feel well - so when in doubt try water first - it seems to cure most ills. Hope this helps.

GSQ

There used to be a phrase which was banded about Minimins 'the more you drink the more you shrink' as a result people were drinking 5/6 litres a day. And for nothing. It's totally untrue. So long as you have your 3 litres a day you're fine. If you end up drinking more fine but drinking more isn't going to make you lose more. The losses are down to the calorie deficit

Back