Is weight loss guareenteed in first week

matronix

:tear_drop: Hi All
Have been browsing around for the last few days picking up info and having some great help and support from you all. So thanks for that:thankyou:. I have had a sneaky try on the scales day 4, well they just sort of appeared and :boohoo:no change. Before I panic and :cry::cry::cry::cry:some reassurance needed from all you confident wonderfull losers would be appreciated.

This is only my 4th week and I cant say its guaranteed, but I have not come across anyone who has not lost weight in the first week. I weigh at home, but I weigh at the same time each morning, so I can guess how much I will lose going by that.
Dont panic, you will be fine and I am sure you will have a great loss.

I think they say it takes around 4 days to get into ketosis, and you are only on day 4, you should be fine!! still 3 more days to go!! and dont cheat because it will make you worried!!! :D

Thanks everyone

did you weigh yourself on YOUR scales on the 1st day? I have 2 sets of scales at home and they both give different readings by about 2 lbs, so make sure your weighed on the same scales at the same time of day.

And yeah, your only 4 days in and depending on how much carb you have in your system it can take 3, 4 or 5 days to get into ketosis.

To not lose weight on a VLCD you would have to defy physics lol

So dont worry - so long as you havnt cheated you will lose weight.

Hello, i think you will be pleasantly surprised. i know i have read on here that people can lose a stone in the first week but it never happend to me. i only have relatively small losses each week but as long as im always losing then that great.. its in the right direction. the first week is hard and you want a great result to motivate u, you will lose weight. I also know that if i weigh myself at home and at pharmacy i get a different result, i guess scales are different.
keep going !

did you weigh yourself on YOUR scales on the 1st day? I have 2 sets of scales at home and they both give different readings by about 2 lbs, so make sure your weighed on the same scales at the same time of day.

And yeah, your only 4 days in and depending on how much carb you have in your system it can take 3, 4 or 5 days to get into ketosis.

To not lose weight on a VLCD you would have to defy physics lol

So dont worry - so long as you havnt cheated you will lose weight.

hey there how long have you been on lp now? n how much have u lost? it says 04/08 u started on ur info thats nrly a yr, surely uve ot gone that long without eating!?!? x x

hi and welcome to lt if you follow the diet as per the instructions you WILL lose weight, can I also suggest you stay away from the scales and only get weighed once a week at the chemist.

All the best you will be pleasantly surprised.

x Sharron

Try not to weigh yourself, easier said than done. I threw my scales out! I'm sure you will of lost if you've stuck to it. Dont give up. XX

Try not to weigh yourself, easier said than done. I threw my scales out! I'm sure you will of lost if you've stuck to it. Dont give up. XX
:D Will do my best tahnks

its impossible not to lose weight in your first week hun. firstly you'd lose a hell of a lot of water if not anything else! in any diet that you do your first weeks loss is usually the biggest because of the sudden change to your diet!... I really think that your scales need throwing in the bin and you should stick to pharmacy ones. that way you wont have sneaky weigh ins and beat yourself up every morning!.. i know thats rich coming from me coz I weigh myself every morning without fail!.. Luckily my scales havent disappointed me yet... but the day they do.. theyre going straight in the bin.. heheh

:thankyou:Thanks, really do want a good loss this week, not expecting 10-11 but more than 6 would be great. When I look on different posts I am in awe at the endurance level of some people. This first week has been fine really much to my surprise. I have not felt hungry not headaches etc, have been drinking the water so far so good.
I had an awful dream the other night that I had a ryvita and was eating it, Oh my God how could this be I hate them. Thanks for your post, will post my first week loss on saturday:thankyou:

its impossible not to lose weight in your first week hun. firstly you'd lose a hell of a lot of water if not anything else! in any diet that you do your first weeks loss is usually the biggest because of the sudden change to your diet!... I really think that your scales need throwing in the bin and you should stick to pharmacy ones. that way you wont have sneaky weigh ins and beat yourself up every morning!.. i know thats rich coming from me coz I weigh myself every morning without fail!.. Luckily my scales havent disappointed me yet... but the day they do.. theyre going straight in the bin.. heheh
ok will make a promise not to weigh myself.

I had an awful dream the other night that I had a ryvita and was eating it,

LOL...I craved Ryvita too and now I love them. How funny is that!!!

I pretty much think its impossible not to lose weight on your first week of SSing. You lose your glycogen stores which is about 4lbs alone, so hopefully you'll get a lovely surprise when you visit the pharmacist.

Good luck hun.x

If you stick to LT 100% you are bound to lose! Hang in there and look forward to the good news.

x

hey there how long have you been on lp now? n how much have u lost? it says 04/08 u started on ur info thats nrly a yr, surely uve ot gone that long without eating!?!? x x

Yes it will be a year in april 22, but I have had 2 weeks off at xmas and new year, I had a couple days of on my bithday in June, my daughters in august and a 2 week holiday in august but apart from that, yeah, more or less on sole sourse the whole time and I must say I feel so much healthier for not eating.

At xmas which I was really looking forward to, I couldnt eat as much as I thought and by the 3rd day I felt a lot more lethargic and couldnt wait to get back on it, but now I am back on it I find it really hard this time to stop nibbling. I'll be good for a couple of days then I'll be stupid and have a couple of ryvitas, totally undoing any good work Ive acheived. I mean the scales are still going down overall but not as fast as they used to.

I want to lose another 4lbs then I'll start the re-feeding, or green and white as cambridge say.

Overall I've lost 5st

I pretty much think its impossible not to lose weight on your first week of SSing. You lose your glycogen stores which is about 4lbs alone, so hopefully you'll get a lovely surprise when you visit the pharmacist.

Good luck hun.x
Sure hope so. ;)

Good luck hun.x
Ta,
Need t post more then I can see your pic's;)

Back