Is weight loss slower 2nd time around?

sun

Gold Member
Hi,

appreciate if anybody as knows x

I don't think so Sun. The first time I tried CD in March 2006, I lost 10lb in my first week. When I restarted in Jan 2007, I lost 11lb in my first week and 1st 2lb in my first month.

Hope this helps.

thanks Doll, lets hope its the same for me, I lost 10lbs in the first week and 5.5 in the 2nd week last year.

Good Luck on your restart as well x

I was wondering the same, i did lighter life last year & lost 9.9pounds my first week. Somehow ive got it in my mind i wont do as well.I wonder why?

I think the truth of the matter is that is really does depend on your calorie defecit. If you are starting from a lower weight then your BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate) - the amount of calories you need to stay at the weight you are if you were totally sedentary - will be lower, and as a result your calorie defecit will be lower. The follow on from that is that as your defecit is lower, your body burns less fat calories to make up the defecit ... so your weight loss is slower.

That is the maths, but bodies are strange things, we all know that. The maths is okay, but probably ,means nothing when it comes to this diet!

I think one factor with restarts is that the 'golden time' has passed and the strict, almost evangelical 1st-time approach softens. Consequently, veterans can sometimes find themselves 'bending the rules' sooner in the diet and being a little less pedantic: that in turn could slow the losses down.

I started again today after Christmas, holiday and a conference. I asked my CDC this very question.

His response was, 'You can only be a virgin once'. :D

I couldn't stop laughing and didn't manage to persuade him that (as a widow) I was a 'born again' virgin.

I think Russiandoll speaks a lot of sense with her post.

I think one factor with restarts is that the 'golden time' has passed and the strict, almost evangelical 1st-time approach softens. Consequently, veterans can sometimes find themselves 'bending the rules' sooner in the diet and being a little less pedantic: that in turn could slow the losses down.

Totally agree with you couldn't have said it better myself....xxx

Realistically at only 7lbs over my target weight in 16 weeks of eating again, I would expect to be lucky if I lost 2lb a week. I'm on my 3rd day of total ss, am not finding it difficult at all, but am struggling with the 4 litres of water, have only managed 3 litres a day.

we shall see

sun xx

I can't see how the weight loss should be any different second time around.

Obviously when there is lots of weight to be lost one can expect bigger losses and as the weight to be lost decreases the losses become less. So if you start at a lesser weight 2nd time around I suppose you could expect to lose less. Although when I was on LL last year I lost 11lbs in the second last week - no idea how that happened - I wish I did!

I agree that we can become lax with the diet over time and this is most likely to be what affects the rapidity of weight loss the 2nd and subsequent times around. I think that if one can stick at it completely - and drink the water we can expect great things!!

Little Bottoms Up!! :D

I'm sure if you were at the same start weight second time around as you were first then you would see the same weight loss...but if you haven't regained it all then maybe not. When I had 11 stones to lose and started week 1 I lost 11 pounds, now I have 6 stones to lose I lost 7 pounds...either way, it's still the best diet in the world!

Joe

Well, we have some figures from me now just to prove that the body is a strange thing.

First time on LL-SS 2 years ago I started at 18st 5 lbs, this time I started CD-SS at 14st 5 lbs.

The theory is the heavier you are, the quicker you lose weight ....

On LL 2 years ago, I lost 8 lbs in my first week. I have just been for my weigh in, and I have lost 9 lbs in my first week with CD, and that is with a load of water on board - so I may be a pound or 2 lighter than that even.

Just goes to show you - theory is one thing, fact is another!

I'm sure you will have a super loss the first week. How big depends on what prep you did before hand. I did none - I went from a blow-out on New Years Day, to SS on the 2nd.

well done steve 9 pounds is a fantastic start.Im on my first week i only see my cdc every 2 weeks so ill weight myself next monday, there only 2 pounds difference between our scales.I cant wait i dont feel as bloated already.

Back