Is your OH....

xxtashaxx

Losing the mummy fat
Supportive of you wanting to lose weight?
Before I started this diet me & my OH used to eat like pigs, he would stop off at the shop after work and bring home sweets, choccies ect & if he made tea it was either a take away or something really unhealthy. But as I steadily started putting weight on he would say the odd thing about me having "fatty bits" he would laugh ect & pretend he was joking but I know he wasn't.
So know I've gone on a diet & am determined to lose weight he has got moody with me cause I don't want a mcdonalds ect. He is not nasty about it but it's like he's put out that I won't eat food like that anymore. Its ok for him as he has put on 1lb in the 3 years we've been together, unlike me who has put on over 2 stone :eek::cry:
Is anyone elses OH like this or are they supportive?

My bf is somewhere inbetween yours and a supportive one. He still makes comments and stuff (including trying to jiggle my extra chin grrr!!!), but although he eats crappy food around me alot he doesn't get annoyed with me for not having it mostly. I get annoyed if it's something I want though!
Oh and yesterday he started complaining that everytime im on a diet or "eating healthily" I get moody. I don't think he realises that if he didn't eat his yummy smelly "bad" foods around me all the time I would be less moody!
To be honest, most of the time, we can't win!

Tell me about it, sometimes I wonder what Im doing with him lol

I know exactly what you mean. My boyfriend tells me he doesnt think i have to lose weight, and then he'll wind me up about counting calories etc and tell me that im just crazy, just eat what i want etc etc.

I did inform him the other day that a bit of support would be nice, but his answer was just the same as always, he doesnt think i need to lose weight so why do i bother!

Argh! Men!! :mad:

Mine kinda swings between one extreme to the other... Last night for example, he went to three different shops to get low-fat custard, cos the first two only had full fat stuff....... But then today he desperately wanted KFC for lunch haha. KFC for us is a bucket between the two of us... :|
But he does in the main understand. We don't live together, so he's not bombarded with diet stuff 24/7 but he does change his ways when I am at his house :) I have my own plate/bowl there haha, so I dont have the same man-sized portions as him...
He says he understands that I have to do it for me, and that it doesn't matter what he says about me being fine as I am, whether he loves my curves or not... And he won't eat chocolate around me at the moment - I've given it up for January... lol

I think at some point, the OH will eventually realise that infact, you are serious about this, and if they dont support you, they will at least respect that you want to do something. :)

So has he been good today? My bf wanted to watch the football this evening - and I'm stuck home with him, so he's been behaving all day haha, even made dinner for us!

My boyfriend is extremely supportive! We own a business together, and have the same lunches and teas, he loves everything I cook! He does have his own snacks though, like crisps, peanut butter butties and pies. And he has toast and buter for breakfast, whereas I have fruit and yoghurt. He doesn't rub my face in it though, and is always complimenting me on my weight loss.

He's great, that's why I said yes when he asked me to marry him!!!!

Is my partner supportive of my weight loss? No.

About 4 years ago, when I was about 3 months away from goal, she started making negative comments, I really didn't know how to handle it, so I rebounded. We're living together now, and she has junk food every day. Sometimes for breakfast, lunch and dinner. You can imagine how difficult it is, especially if she offers me food once in a while. I'd got a container that she is meant to put the junk food into, and I'll never open it (and I've kept my promise to myself not to) but she leaves stuff lying around still. I've made good my promise to flush it if I see it. So yeah, it is hard. Also she'll made both positive and negative comments about my weight loss. I'm trying to not mention it, I've told myself to not mention the words "diet" and "kilograms" in her presence. She doesn't know how much I've lost, which at the moment I think is a good thing.

John, that sounds really difficult to deal with, and shows just how motivated you are to still stick to it! If she leaves stuff around just come on here and distract yourself, you'll find lots of support here.
Why do you think she is so critical?

So has he been good today? My bf wanted to watch the football this evening - and I'm stuck home with him, so he's been behaving all day haha, even made dinner for us!

Hes not been too bad this week as he is working lates so he's not there when I have my tea.
Yesterday I was going to my drama group so left him a chicken kiev to have for his tea. When I'd got back he'd eaten 2 of the chicken kievs plus 2 crispy chickens that were in the freezer :eek: He didn't think that I might have been saving some of that for my tea tonight!

Is my partner supportive of my weight loss? No.

About 4 years ago, when I was about 3 months away from goal, she started making negative comments, I really didn't know how to handle it, so I rebounded. We're living together now, and she has junk food every day. Sometimes for breakfast, lunch and dinner. You can imagine how difficult it is, especially if she offers me food once in a while. I'd got a container that she is meant to put the junk food into, and I'll never open it (and I've kept my promise to myself not to) but she leaves stuff lying around still. I've made good my promise to flush it if I see it. So yeah, it is hard. Also she'll made both positive and negative comments about my weight loss. I'm trying to not mention it, I've told myself to not mention the words "diet" and "kilograms" in her presence. She doesn't know how much I've lost, which at the moment I think is a good thing.

Oh John feel so sorry for you, can you not try & talk to her about it? Maybe write her a letter if speaking to her face is difficult.
I can't even imagine how hard it must be for you, if you need us where here tho xx

my bf is thankfully very supportive, he's good in the way that he doesn't let me binge when i'm emotional etc. he eats sooo much food every day though & he never, ever puts on weight! it makes it difficult when he's always eating & i have to restrict how much i eat.. the look of simple, junky food sometimes just makes me so tempted to eat when i know i shouldn't. he actually likes me bigger because my boobs are massive & he likes my round tummy, however he's happy with me losing because he knows that i'll be happier thinner. i've got a goodun! :)

Hey, thanks for the comments about my particular problem. I'll guess I'll just carry on the way it is at the moment, I'm hoping that as I lose weight, she'll start eating better. It's not a major problem, but it is something that makes things harder than they could be.

Reading all your posts, I'm really lucky! My oh is really supportive because he knows how unhappy I am with how I look at the moment. He offers me really good advice, and is really encouaraging. But tells me everyday that he thinks im beautiful and that he loves me how I am. He just wants me to be happy. But He does eat naughty things! But hes allowed because hes v fit and doesnt put on a lb!! how annoying!! haha xxxx

aww glad to hear so many OH's are supportive, I don't have to worry about this anymore as my OH has broken up with me :cry: I suppose I saw it coming tho!

Sorry that things have turned out that way for you Tasha. I'm hoping that things look bright on the horizon.

Back