ISnt it funny how our tastebuds change?

Bindi

Silver Member
Tasted the flapjacks last wk and thought they were vile...then heard good report about them on here so I said Id give them another chance and low and behold...this wk Im liking the peanut one, yes....at last I can chew, only this is I only got 1 to try....ah well I will know for my next wks order lol
Hope everyone is sunning themselves with a bottle of water in hand:)

Hello there bindi! Fancy seeing you here :D
Can you get back to the chemist at all? If so they will change some of your shakes for the peanut flapjacks!
Glad to hear you like them - I just couldnt bear them - had one the other day because I forgot how awful they were and I really struggled with it!!

lol Im following you jennyg,
I had my shake at 10.30 this morn and by 2 I was starving (think Im low on water intake so prob reason why) so I said Id sample the flapjack, its ok, edible but has got me out of the starving state, i ate half of it and will keep the rest for about 5 then yummy vanilla/coffee hot shake for supper

Hmmm not convinced on the flapjacks hun!! lol enjoy xx

Oh and the other thing I cant stand is the Vanilla ones! Ive tried it every which way I can - hot, cold, coffee in it, frozen etc etc but still cant come to terms with them. I do like the choc and the strawberry but dont think I would go so far as to say they were yummy!!
Oh and a tip I got of this forum is to make a cup of peppermint tea (which you are allowed to have) and let it go cold.... then make the choc shake with that instead of water - I thought that was nice! Mint choc! ;)

I know it's only day 2 for me but have noticed how acute my sense of smell has become... strange thing is that I get off on the smell but not too fussed about actually eating... :D

I live by the sea so yesterday went for a drive along the front (roof dropped & enjoying the sun :cool:) & the smell from all the barbeques was amazing... :)

Or am I just a masochist lol ? :rolleyes:

Hey same here.....my taste buds totally changed too.....I only like the vanilla to start.....by the end like the lot......my mother said "hunger is a great sauce"........

glad you all liking the flapjacks, tracyj how flat is your stomach!!!! do you mind me asking what dress size r u now?

Thankyou hun ive worked hard at it lol when I started LT i was determined to get my flat tum back! Im a size 12-14 top and 14 bottom..course i dont mind you asking xx

Ye I hated them at first too - now i have one every day I tink they are loverly!!

I have one toasted and cut up at 3 o clock and it keeps me full for absolutly ages!!

Weigh in today !!! Im feeling bloated and like I could start TOTM any moment so prob wont lose much

Ye I hated them at first too - now i have one every day I tink they are loverly!!

I have one toasted and cut up at 3 o clock and it keeps me full for absolutly ages!!

Weigh in today !!! Im feeling bloated and like I could start TOTM any moment so prob wont lose much

toasted wat?

Flapjack:)

I know it's only day 2 for me but have noticed how acute my sense of smell has become... strange thing is that I get off on the smell but not too fussed about actually eating... :D

I live by the sea so yesterday went for a drive along the front (roof dropped & enjoying the sun :cool:) & the smell from all the barbeques was amazing... :)

Or am I just a masochist lol ? :rolleyes:

You're 100% right about the sense of smell becoming more acute, it's very similar to what women have in early pregnancy! My theory is that your body is priming itself in a caveman type way to seek out food.

Back