isnt it funny how WI can affect your mood?

debtin

Gold Member
hey everyone, had my 5th weigh in today, was hoping to get my half stone badge, needed 1.5lb to get it but stayed the same this week. Got me thinking how different my mood was almost immediately after WI. I am sure a lot of you will understand but why do we get that feeling that "i have let myself down?" My mood really shouldnt have changed as I wasnt expecting too much - its star week and this week i have used all 15syns per day - usually i have ten max. Maybe its the wee kick up the butt i need - to stop being complacent. Apart from my syns i didnt do anything differently. So tonight i have decided to dust myself down, keep a diary, plan some new meals, have less syns, have no take away this week but use the syns on some new recipes instead - (this may be part of problem - keeping syns for choc or take away when i could be having variety in my meals) but it got me thinking how easy it can make you go from being "up" to feeling "down" all in the space of a second!! as one lady posted on one of my threads this week "what will happen if you dont get target this week? nothing - you will get it next week" best bit of advice ever to get me back on track. How does everyone else get back on track after WI?

I know what you mean. I have noticed on the way to WI that if I think i am going to have gained Im really nowty with everyone especially the kids. I try to stop myself but find my patience is non existant. I dont want to be like this. If i have a good loss then the world is hunky dory. I dont want my moods reflected my my weight loss.

I know what you mean. I have noticed on the way to WI that if I think i am going to have gained Im really nowty with everyone especially the kids. I try to stop myself but find my patience is non existant. I dont want to be like this. If i have a good loss then the world is hunky dory. I dont want my moods reflected my my weight loss.
i know yellowbird - sometimes i feel silly for even letting it affect as the changes to my diet and thinking alone should be enough to feel encouraged about. Water is my new friend and cant even drink fizzy juice now...positives can come from the negatives x x

Weigh in can really affect my mood, if it isn't what I hoped for I can be upset all day and be in such an upbeat mood if it goes well.

Back