Isnt it strange that some people notice your weight loss and some dont?!

ahhh...

Or theres the partners who get twitchy cos you've lost a lot of weight......................

So cos ur so hot and sexy ur GF is getting worried?

I remember one time I lost over a stone when I was going with this guy and then he kept buying me bars of chocolate and stuff... I knew it was cos he was worried I was getting too sexy... he eventually admitted it.

xox

Im "allowed" to lose weight as long as my boobs dont go !!! lol

Same here ;)

Been getting LOADS of compliments at work :) Top 'narna :D

Best bit is my belt excess is getting larger & larger by the week & is hanging way way down low ;)

I should get a smaller belt but it's dead cool to physically see how much I've lost :)

I can understand people not wanting to comment, it's like not asking a woman when she's due in case she isn't pregnant!!!!! But when it's obvious someone has tried to lose weight then a nice compliment is encouraging.

Lots of people have commented this week about my loss, even those who don't know I'm on a diet, but my mum still hasn't said a word and nor did a friend I saw for the first time in over a month at the weekend.

It doesn't bother me - well the friend didn't bother me but it still narks me that mum hasn't said a word! I'm doing this for me, no-one else, so I can cope with indifference!

Sometimes you can be losing weight for a while before enough weight suddenly seems to shift to make it obvious. A friend of mine had a gastric band fitted a year ago but it was January before I noticed her weight loss.

x

Aren't people awful. I haven't had anyone be horrible to me yet, but I guess I haven't dropped enough to make em jealous. I suspect the problem will be from my Bf's family too. His mother and grandmother kept telling him I was making him fat, and now that he's slimmer than when he met me they are oblivious!! And his grandmother likes to lecture me on the importance of not having desert.
His family are coming over on monday, as I'm having a party for his birthday. I won't be eating and am hoping to remain inconspicous...difficult at a dinner party. But his grandmother will be going to the dentist before hand, and will have a swollen face. I was thinking...***** that I am, to ask 'Where the deserts nice when you were on holidays?'!

Someone at my work asked me if Id lost weight recently, I said I had and she said she 'thought I might have' :rolleyes: She asked how much Id lost and I told her - 10.5 stones to which she asked 'Wow thats pretty good, so have you been trying to diet' :rolleyes:

If Id lost that much without trying Id say Im probably quite seriously ill - what a stupid question lol

Some people..don't you just love em :rolleyes:

My sister in law & brother in law have just been here and didn't mention a word about my weight loss. I have lost 2.5 Stone since our last encounter.LOL.:D

Someone at my work asked me if Id lost weight recently, I said I had and she said she 'thought I might have' :rolleyes: She asked how much Id lost and I told her - 10.5 stones to which she asked 'Wow thats pretty good, so have you been trying to diet' :rolleyes:

If Id lost that much without trying Id say Im probably quite seriously ill - what a stupid question lol

lol!!!!, peopl r so weird!

I've only lost 37 pounds to reach target weight, but my OH, friends & family have said that I've overdone it & look too scrawny !!

Definitely think it's jealousy because they're all overweight and I think that they just feel guilty because they haven't bothered trying to lose their weight too !!

I've only lost 37 pounds to reach target weight, but my OH, friends & family have said that I've overdone it & look too scrawny !!

Definitely think it's jealousy because they're all overweight and I think that they just feel guilty because they haven't bothered trying to lose their weight too !!
Total jealousy! I have that now, 'you've gone a bit too far now', you'll put it all back on', and thats if they have noticed, 8 stone, i reckon is obvious, you'd be amazed how many people don't, normally my fat friends and the ones who thought I'd NEVER be the same size as them! My partner proposed a few weeks back!!! I said no, he he.
T x

Great thread, lostpolar. I can't believe some of the comments people have made to you guys. I have to say I have had only good ones, although now I'm getting the "you're wasting away" comments or "you're not going to keep going now are you", Thank god we have this site, or we would go insane!!!

Oh Monsoon,
why did you say no!!! I can't wait til Paul proposes! Will be a year or so I'd say! Are you just not into weddings?

Guen

Oh Monsoon,
why did you say no!!! I can't wait til Paul proposes! Will be a year or so I'd say! Are you just not into weddings?

Guen
Because I know he'll keep asking! he he
T x

Its quite funny actually what people do! After a few months on the diet one of my aunts wanted to try it, so i took her to the chemist for a few weeks and called her everyday to talk to her and help her through it, i knew pretty early on that she wasnt going to do it cos she kept saying its sooo hard, i had to eat i ate some lettuce!! (why bother) Sorry off point.... well she gave in after about a week and a half. A few months later another aunt came to visit from Spain and she was quite shocked when she saw how much i had lost, i had told her on the phone so many times but didnt seem like she believed me!basically my aunt that had tried the diet had told her that i hadnt lost much weight and i still looked the same!!! Jealous !!

I cannot believe how horrible people are!! Starlight, your post particularly made me chuckle....10.5 stone without trying? You would be a very rich woman by now :D

So far I've not really had any negative comments thankfully but as I am still 15st 13lbs I expect it's not enough to make people jealous yet. We will see....

Great post though Lostpolarbear, knowing that we are losing huge amounts of weight and making people jealous gives me a warm fuzzy glow!

I seem to think (well in my world anyways) that anytime i go into work people always say, oh your def loosing weight, eventhough i've probably got much fatter over the time i've worked there. I think they just assume im feeling bad about my weight and want me to feel better about myself. This week i went into work having lost 10 1/2 pound officially, but about a stone altogether since wi, no ones said a word!

The only person who has said owt to me is the OH. Bless him, he says its cos im still wearing the school run uniform....i.e baggy hoody and jeans, and thats why no one has noticed. All the mums are quick enough to tell me every week how good they are doin on their diet and I just smile and say nowt. They are only fishing for compliments!!! I dont need em cos im totally into this diet and KNOW im gonna succeed xx

Back