Isnt it strange that some people notice your weight loss and some dont?!

My mum finally said something!!!!

I had both my mum and MIL in the kitchen, hadn't seen my MIL for a few weeks and she asked if I'd lost weight. I said yes and she said she could really see it. My mum, who hadn't mentioned my loss at all before then, admitted it looked like I'd lost from my face!!! Well she could hardly say nothing when my MIL was so complimentary about how well I was looking!!!! Lol!!

x

Cuddlyfairy, glad for you that your mum finally said something to you. I live a long way from my mum so she hasn't seen me yet but I've told her how much I have lost. My MIL only lives down the road and hasn't said a word despite having lost over 2 stone....oh well

I was chatting to a neighbour yesterday who said she hadn't said anything so far, as she she didn't want to say that I'd lost weight because she didn't want me to think that she was a cheeky and judgemental cow for assuming I was fat before losing weight, if that makes sense?!!!:D:D:D

PMSL!

I was FAT, there was no assuming about it!

Still have a way to go, but it does feel good to be told that you're looking good!:)

wow! I cant believe how many people have replied to this thread! It isnt just me who have rude friends/relatives then! I think it all comes down to jealousy in the end by the sound of all these comments! Oh well!! lets make them jealous :) xxx

wow some people are ruuude huh! I've lost nearly 5st altogether, and am a size 10 all over (8 in some things), and have had a few people ask if I'm still on the diet! If I was I think i'd disappear!!

ive had people come up to me that i dont even know(just see them around the town/school)and tell me how great i look,but then i have my so-called friend who will say that i look "fine" and even that compliment seems to get stuck in her throat!!
then you get the people who just say nothing at all even though you can see them eye balling you and whispering,i just take it as a big compliment as i know myself that ive done well so far(5 stone altogether)its a bit hard not to notice 5 stone gone,stevie wonder could notice that!!!i just say feck the begrudgers and keep doing what we are doing `cos its working,
elaine x

I think it all comes down to jealousy in the end by the sound of all these comments!

Actually I think this thread has proved the opposite. Its easy to assume its jealousy but it seems people have experienced a lot of reasons for people saying nothing.
From awkwardness, an uncertainty of what to say to plain and simply not noticing.

This is such an interesting topic... when someone close to you does not mention or undermines your weight loss... i think a lot of it is to do with fear.

You have changed, improved yourself, you look better and you most likely think, talk and walk slightly different now too. Everytime they see you improve they can feel the distance between you both grow.

I think this can take people out of their comfort zone and make them a little scared! Also, as you improve your body and whole outlook on life this can make many people feel that you are getting superior to them and make them start to feel inadequate. A lot of these people may genuinely love you, but they may also wish that you would come back down to your old level, cos they felt safe then and the power of influence was either more balanced or they had feelings of being more superior before.

I think this is why so many people believe that it is jealously. It partly is, as these people probably wish that they could achieve the same as you also.

Life can be funny sometimes, and people are weirdos! I dont really know what you can do to try and change these types of situations into positive ones. It is difficult, I guess the best way is to show the people close to you that you love them..... and hopefully they will realise that they have no reason to be afraid.

julz
xox

I had a party last night, my bfs family, I hadn't seen them since I started LT, and I was dressed lovely, in a red dress that flatters my figure perfectly, hair and make up done. No one said anything, but I was trying to down play the diet, cos I felt so conspicous not eating. But I had worn the same dress at my bfs last birthday party, and it was so much looser, almost too loose. My face looked thinner and so much prettier!
I felt great! I KNEW I looked great, and I know they knew it too!

Julz, for one so young you are so wise! Your words are so insightful and full of common sense!

Guenevere, I'm sure they all noticed your weight loss and how good you looked - the inner glow from you would be unmissable - but don't worry that they said nothing, what's important is you knew and your lovely bf knew. You are doing so well babe and are so close to your first goal of a BMI under 40. It's a great feeling and you deserve it so much.

x

ive had people come up to me that i dont even know(just see them around the town/school)and tell me how great i look,but then i have my so-called friend who will say that i look "fine" and even that compliment seems to get stuck in her throat!!
then you get the people who just say nothing at all even though you can see them eye balling you and whispering,i just take it as a big compliment as i know myself that ive done well so far(5 stone altogether)its a bit hard not to notice 5 stone gone,stevie wonder could notice that!!!i just say feck the begrudgers and keep doing what we are doing `cos its working,
elaine x

Yes, I'm totally with you on this one....Today, I've had THREE really 'feel good' comments off people I don't really know....

1. A Mum at the nursery told me, "You look outstanding and totally transformed!!!!"

2. A work colleague of my Mum when I went to see her at lunch says, "OMG Lisa, where is the rest of you...you look really well!!!"

3. A shop worker in a high street store late afternoon then tells me, "I hope you don't mind, but can I just say how well you look and everytime you come in here you can see the weight dropping off you?!!!

So, on the basis off all this I have been floating on air all day and have a big stupid grin on my face!

It's so lovely to hear the positives....just wish that 'friends' could be so complimentary....I always over praise someones weight loss, cause you know the knock on effect is going to motivate them!:)

Back