It can be done - My before's and Afters

OK, here we go, some more "afters"

Firstly, Stourport Canal Basin over the may day holiday.
IMG_0260.jpg

IMG_0262.jpg

IMG_0276.jpg

and now a couple from our Kyrenia holiday
IMG_0300.jpg

IMG_0302.jpg

38 degrees in the shade!
IMG_0325.jpg

IMG_0328.jpg

IMG_0332.jpg

IMG_0342.jpg

Is that a little pot belly I see? LOL, I had just eaten lunch.
IMG_0355.jpg

IMG_0420.jpg

It was stunning love, I'm going to post the rest, i.e. the scenery, the harbour etc in my album when I get the chance. :)

It was and wasn't love, from about 11 AM - 3 PM it was too hot really, generally about 40C+ but, hey, I'm not complaining. You had to be really careful with the water as well, we lived off bottled water and wouldn't touch the ice cubes.

Wow yeah that is hot! I am not very good in heat :S so not sure i would like that... we don't tend to holiday to hot places, Venice was the hottest i've been to, couldn't have managed more than that.

It's good that you were careful with water :) the last thing you want on your hol's is an upset tummy :S

Had you been to that area before Jim?

Have you shouted at your employee yet?! How's work today?

yes the bollocking is over, back to normal now.

Yes Bon, we were stationed there in '74 when the Turks invaded, well I was stationed in Nicosia but our Married Quarter was in Kyrenia, we had to evacuate all the families back to the UK. We haven't been able to go back there since then, but the border is now open. It was really interesting but strange to go back after so many years.

Aw how lovely to return after so many years! bet it brought up lots of memories...

Working in that heat must have been hard then! Did you find it a bit more easy when you younger and when you lived there? did you get used to it being so hot?

When we were there at that time there was no air con Bon, we worked from 5 in the morning to 11 and then took the rest of the day off. :) Good days. I suspect the heat isn't so bad once you acclimatise Bon, I think Air Con hinders that happening.

Ah that sounds ok then, good getting the day off in the sunshine :) you could have an afternoon nap too, nice :)

Well I am done for the day :) I finish early on a Friday, yay so glad it's the weekend!

Have a good weekend Jim :)

and you love, we finish at 4 today. :D

Fantastic Jim - and I'm sure you can enjoy life so much more without all that weight dragging around x

God yes Gem, I wouldn't even have been on holiday probably and certainly not enjoying myself dragging 25+ stone around. That and the embarresement of having to having to ask for the extender belt and cramming myself in the seat.

All behind you now Jim - you look great x

Thanks love, One thing is for sure, I'm not ever going to be fat again.

WOW Jim, well done, you look AMAZING! Like a different person, I bet you feel like one too! Love the holidays pics, and I note from past posts you were out there in the 1970s - my husband was too - but as the son of a military man so I doubt you came across one another LOL!! Thanks for the inspiration!

Thanks Dell, I was a Military man, so I might have met his Dad. :D

nice new pictures jim ~.^, Your looking amazing old friend, Please keep up the great work =]

Back